- ML1/P1: Urbanization-Problems, Remedies
- ML1/P2: Urban Governance: Smart City, Amrut, Rurban after Prelims
- ML1/P3: Poverty-Meaning, Estimation, SECC-2011
Here starts the mains revision series- only selected topics will be covered
- GS1 | 2: urbanization, poverty and hunger, Women and health, youth, skill, Education; HDI, MDG, SDG
- GS2: E-Governance, Role of civil services, pressure groups
- GS2: IR- Economy: Central Asia | SCO, China crash, Yuan devaluation, TPP-updates
- GS3: Banking-Finance related things from Eco. Survey; Investment models: hybrid annuity, Swiss challenge.
- Lecture Videos available under: Youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel
- Powerpoints Available under Mrunal.org/Download
ML1/P1: Urbanization-Problems, Remedies
- GS1- Mains Answer writing: “Though urbanization is considered to be a catalyst for economic growth, so far India has not been able to tap its full potential.” Discuss. (200 words)
- 4 mental frames that a mains player should avoid- Statistician, bookie, perfectionist and think tank.
- Definition- urbanization, rurbanization, cities, smart cities.
- Urbanization is good because it creates Agglomeration economies.
- Urbanization as a location factor for industries in Dhaka Textile, Bangalore IT and Karachi Finance industry-
- Role of Urbanization in (1) Labour market pooling (2) Knowledge spill over (3) Intermediate input sharing
- Europe- Hot Banana from London (UK) to Milan (Italy)
- 3 Macro Reforms in Urban-Infrastructure
- Sustainable Development goal (SDG) related to urbanization.
- Congestion forces against Urban agglomeration economy and its remedies.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/_cb_9WsJkWo
ML1/P2: Urban Governance: Smart City, Amrut, Rurban after Prelims
- GS2- Mains Answer writing: In India, the efficacy of urban administration has not improved with the pace of urbanization. Examine the reasons & suggest remedies.
- 3 deficits in urban administration: (1) empowerment (2) resource (3) accountability deficits; 14th finance commission recommendations for improving financial resources of Urban local bodies.
- Smart city- selection process, smart city plan (SCP), investment pattern in SPV and organizational structure.
- Features of Smart cities- revision.
- Amrut, Swatchh Bharat Mission (SBM), Rurban Mission- new updates, 14 parameters.
- Self-Study: Globalization- impact on Indian society.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/tkKObrYq4HI
ML1/P3: Poverty-Meaning, Estimation, SECC-2011
- GS2-Mains Answer Writing: What is poverty? Give a brief account of the poverty estimation methods in India and discuss the unique features of SECC-2011. (200 words)
- Definition and meaning of Poverty
- Sustainable development goal#1: end poverty in all its forms everywhere
- Sustainable development goal#10: Reduce inequalities within and among nations
- Brief overview of Poverty estimation methods in India- Tendulkar, Rangarajan
- Socio-Economic-Caste-Census-2011: organizations involves, parameters tracked
- Deprivation Indicators in SECC-2011: automatically excluded, automatically included and seven-indicators in between
- SECC-2011: potential applications and criticism.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/T2A5VdVQYPw
In next lecture: Hunger, Health, Women, Youth, Skill.
can any one from Gujarat help me about students accommodation in the city/ PGs/ room sharing ? I am preparing for CS2016 and willing to stay in Gujrath. share me your contact details.
This is Arjun
Political Science optional
from Andhra pradesh
If possible please ask Prateek Nayak Sir to provide his video lectures and ppt in your website.
All the teachers provided by you in Pdpu and Spipa are amazing
Thanks a lot sir for us work
You are the HERO
Mrunal Sir, thank you for your lectures but please provide ppt links of ML1 and ML2 as it is very difficult to make notes at this time.
Ca’t able to find the powerpoint slides of this lecture on the provided link. Can you please guide me on the same.
power points for these lectures pls…..
where will get the powerpoints of these leactures?