- HFS6/P1: Indian response to British colonization
- HFS6/P2: 1857 Revolt: Factors/Reasons Behind
- HFS6/P3: 1857 Revolt – Nature, Failure & Outcomes of Sepoy Munity
- So far in his history-freedom struggle lecture series, Mr.Pratik Nayak covered upto establishment of British rule in India and the role of various governor generals in strengthening the grip of East India company on Indian realm.
- Now the topic progresses further Indian response to british colonization- with main focus on the revolt of 1857.
- Powerpoints available @Mrunal.org/download
HFS6/P1: Indian response to British colonization
- Recap Previous Lecture.
- End of British Rule in India
- Indian Response to British Rule: Indian National Movement/ Freedom Struggle
- Type : Indian Response: Traditional & Modern
- Traditional Response to British rule in India.
- Civilian, Tribal & Peasant Revolt before 1857
- Nature, Area, Social Base, Leadership, Chronology, British Attitude of these revolts.
- Indian National Movement: Indian National Congress, Pre Gandhian Phase- Moderates & Extremists, Revolutionaries, Left Within Congress, Communalism, Constitutional development
- Overview of Civilian & Tribal Revolts
- Bengal & East India- Santhal, Chaur, Kol, Kandh revolts etc.
- West India- Bhil, Waghera, Cutch etc.
- South India- Poligar, Diwan Velu tampi’s revolt
- North India – Wahabi, Kuka
- Nature of traditional revolts: Orthodox, Local, Restorative, Reactionary, Not Planned
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/yMly7wEpbnE
HFS6/P2: 1857 Revolt: Factors/Reasons Behind
- 1857 Revolt: Background 11 May 1857 and Soldiers Mutiny before 11 may 1857
- Reasons for the Revolt- Immediate Reason: Greased Cartridge
- Fundamental Reason: Political, Economic & Administrative, Socio Cultural, Military, Outside Events
- Political Reasons: Effective Control Policy, Subsidiary Alliance, Doctrine of Lapse
- Economic Reasons: High tax revenue, exploitation of peasants, Zamindars & Workers
- Socio Cultural Reasons: Contempt towards Hindus & Muslims, Interference by British in Customs & practices of Indian people Abolition of Sati, Lex Loci Act, Widow Remarriage etc.
- Military Reasons: Religious interference, High Discrimination towards soldiers, Extensive military campaigns, Soldier- Peasant in Uniform
- Outside Events that affected momentum towards 1857 revolt
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/h9ahKtabBaU
HFS6/P3: 1857 Revolt – Nature, Failure & Outcomes of Sepoy Mutiny
- Nature of the Revolt: Different Perceptions
- British Perceptions: Sir John Lawrence, LER Rees, TR Holmes
- Indian Perceptions: Sir Syed Ahmed Khan, VD Savarkar, JL Nehru, SN Sen
- Causes of Failure of the Revolt: Lack of Support, Limited territorial base, Lack of resources, Lack of Ideology, Feudal in character
- Leaders of the Revolt and their fate- Nana Saheb, Begum Hazrat Mahal, Khan Bahadur, Kunwar Singh, Maulvi Ahmadullah, Rani Laxmibai
- Outcome of the Revolt: Govt. Of India Act 1857- Power transfer from East India Co. to Crown; Governor General was made Viceroy; Office of Secretary of State established, No more annexations
- Previous Years UPSC Questions on above topic
- Development of Nationalism, Definition of State
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/S6Er2Rx0lBg
Visit youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel for more lectures on UPSC civil services IAS/IPS Exam.
sir..pls update new lectures of 2 weeks.. pls pls
please update new lecture at the earliest
Hi Sir! new lectures aap kab upload kr rhe hain sir.; hm sabhi uska wait kr rhe hain! aap kaafi mahan insan hain sir jaha ajkal bina paisie ke pani bhi nhi milta ;apne hum logo ke liye itna kiya!!/// dhanyawaad Sir!
Sir please update new lecture asap.
please updates current affairs
SIR ITS REQUEST, PLEASE UPDATE LECTURE.
WE DONT HAVE HIGH SPEED INTERNET ACCESS IN OUR REGION.
NEITHER HAVE BIG SMARTPHONES TO DOWNLOAD AND STORE VIDEOS. PLEASE CONSIDER US ALSO.
why new videos are not posted from two weeks?
Sir desperately waiting for lectures… Please update
eagerly waiting for your lectures on economic survey n budget. kindly post these as soon as possible. totally dependent on you sir!
Sir please upload the lectures, we need it sir desperately.
Kuch problem hain kya even you havent update the site
How are you?
We are waiting for your lectures……
dear mrunal and pratik sir .first of all well done for the wonderful video lectures you both have put up. pratik sir i know you must be damn busy but it woud be very kind of you if you could upload the missing videos from HFS5 onwards and videos from 1857 onwards ie the modern response to british colonioalism. (breaking the link dilutes whatever has been learnt so far!) thankyou both of you
Dear Mrunal sir
I am a regular visitor of this website.I salute you for your commendable job for economics per se.but now i cant see much upadates.
no current affairs
no economic updates
no year book
no economic survey
only those old topics are dangling there.
I humbly request u plz plz update it, prelim is round the corner, else plz tell us if u dont want to update any more.so that i should not depend only upon u.
Sir plz upload more lectures , we are waiting
sir , please upload the history videos. waiting for them for a long time now.
When will more lectures/ppt by pratik nayak sir be uploaded?
sir aage k lectures bhi daal do please…. kya hua, gussa ho gaye ho kya sir jee…??? :'(
SIR, PLZ PROVIDE SOME CLASS ON BIODIVERSITY
sir immediately upload some new video ,this history series are more beneficial for all competitive examination students.so plzz immidiately upload new other video.
Sir please uploaded next lectures of history after 1857. Its a humble request.
Sir please add next lecture….
Plzz upload next lectures..waiting for long
Sir please upload the next lecture ..