- 30-meter telescope (TMT)
- India based Neutrino Observatory (INO)
- TOPS: Terrestrial Observation and Predicting System (TOPS)
Combining space-tech related topics from September W1 to October W3, in three part series
- IRNSS: the desi GPS
- Stuff send to space: NISAR-mission, GSLV-6, GSAT MK-3
- Stuff build on land: TMT, INO, TOPS
Apart from this lot of ball by ball commentary happened- Comet Siding spring, ESA’s Rosetta Mission, NASA’s Orion mission, Lunar Eclipse, Blood moon. But I don’t consider them much important for Mains-2014. Although I’ve noted them down, will release them later for prelim space-tech series.
Topic in News: Oct W1, 2014. (As such an old topic but keeps resurfacing on Hindu every once in a while.)
|Who?||India, Japan, US, China and Canada.|
India’s contribution to TMT project
- 10% finance (1000 crore rupees).
- India will develop the control system, sensors, fabrication, actuator systems of this telescope.
- Godrej and other Indian private companies will do the mirror-coating and polishing of this telescope.
- Indian astronomers will be allowed to use this telescope for the time proportional to India’s contribution (10%). Japanese will get to use it for 25% and so on.
http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=miglior-sito-per-comprare-vardenafil-originale Mock Question (GS3): Write a note on Thirty Meter Telescope and India’s contribution to this project. 200 words.
http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=dove-acquistare-viagra-generico-100-mg-a-Genova Topic in news: Sep W3, 2014
|Where?||Bodi west hills, Theni district, South Tamilnadu|
(for hardcore-geology MCQs in CDS and CAPF)
- To detect Neutrino and their reactions, the lab has to be at least 1000 m below surface, to reduce natural cosmic radiation.
- Mountains of South India, are most ideal for this lab, because they’ve dense rock (mostly gneiss) while the Himalayas are mostly metamorphic sedimentary rock with only pockets of gneiss.
- Bodi west hills is made up of Charnockite (hardest rock known.) Earthquake risk minimum.
- Hence better than hills in Karnataka, because they’ve more schistic type rocks, the rocks.
http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=viagra-generico-100-mg-prezzo-piu-basso-a-Roma Mock Question (GS3): Write a short note on features and functions of INO Neutrino observatory.
http://cinziamazzamakeup.com/?x=levitra-20-mg-prezzo-pi%C3%B9-basso Topic in news: Sep W4, 2014
|Who?||Ramakrishna Nemani, an Indian scientist in NASA-National Aeronautics and Space Administration.|
|What?||He modified NASA technology to help Indian farmers against floods, droughts, climate change and smooth implementation of go to site crop-insurance. hence important from two angles:
|How?||Terrestrial Observation and Predicting System (TOPS)|
informazioni levitra What is TOPS?
TOPS system collects weather and climate data using
- satellite remote sensing
- ground weather stations
- Human inputs and
- using climatic forecasting and ecosystem models
other drug like clomid for sale Ya, but What is the benefit of such data?
- Helps categorizing agro-regions according to climate risk. Thus, Crop production and loss can be determine in advance.
- Both farmer and Insurance companies can make ‘business’ decisions accordingly.
- Ensures that right amount of crop insurance reaches the right farmer. (By linking computerized land records, Adhar, Jan Dhan bank account.)
source link Mock Question (GS3): Discuss the potential utilities of NASA-TOPS system in Indian agriculture.