[Economy Lecture] Bitcoins, Virtual Currency, Silkroad, Mt-Gox, IMF-SDR Gold standard, WTO structure-functions
- L6/P1: IMF, SDR, Quota reform & Gold standard Exchange rate
- L6/P2: WTO, Bali Package, Food subsidy issue, TFA
- L6/P3: Money- evolution and functions
- L6/P4: Bitcoins- mechanism, money laundering, RBI’s stand
- On 27th February 2015, My lecture at IMF-WTO-Bitcoin at Sardar Patel institute of Public Administration (SPIPA), Ahmedabad.
- Total ~2:30 hours but I’ve split it into four parts and uploaded on youtube.
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at Mrunal.org/Download
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because I’m required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English-text articles or English PPTs on the site.
L6/P1: IMF, SDR, Quota reform & Gold standard Exchange rate
- Bretton Woods conference and the origin of International monetary fund
- IMF: structure and functions
- What is gold standard exchange rate regime? Why did it fail?
- What are special drawing rights (SDRs)?
- Value of individual SDR and its utility
- Criticism against IMF and the need for need for reforms in it?
- IMF Reforms: (1) Quota reforms (2) governance structure reforms
- BRICS Bank vs AIIB (Self study)
L6/P2: WTO, Bali Package, Food subsidy issue, TFA
- General Agreement on Tariff and trade (GATT) and the origin of World Trade Organisation (WTO)
- WTO: structure and functions
- difference between tariff and nontariff barriers in international trade
- major agreements under WTO.
- SPS Agreement: Sanitary and phytosanitary measures, ban on Indian Alphonso and American poultry
- Three types of subsidies: green box, Amber box and blue box- and provisions of WTO on them.
- Agreement on agriculture –food subsidies quota on developed and developing countries.
- WTO Bali summit and its 3 major outcomes
- Peace clause: origin, purpose and features
- Trade facilitation agreement (TFA)- origin, purpose, features, why did India refused to sign it initially?
- Shanta Kumar FCI-PDS reform Angle to food subsidies
L6/P3: Money- evolution and functions
- Barter system: features, pros and cons
- Money: primary functions and derivative functions
- Divisibility versus fungibility
- Evolution of money- the five stages
- commodity money: features, pros and cons
- metallic money- features, pros and cons
- Debasement of metallic money and fall of Mughal empire
- Paper money- two types: Gold standard versus paper standard
- Indian rupee- paper standard system: coins vs currency- RBI vs Government- who prints what?
- Fiat money: meaning, examples and limitations
- Bank money- meaning, examples, benefits
L6/P4: Bitcoins- mechanism, money laundering, RBI’s stand
- Need for a “decentralized” digital currency
- Satoshi Nakomoto and the origin of bitcoin
- How does Bitcoin system can operate?
- mining of bitcoins, hashrate, computer technology
- Bitcoin E-wallet or Digital wallet transactions- why and how are they anonymous?
- Compare and contrast: RTGS-NEFT-Bitcoins
- how can Bitcoin be used in money laundering, terrorism and drug trafficking
- Casestudy: Silkroad website & illegal trade of coccain using bitcoin currency
- Bitcoin vs Dollar: historic fluctuations in exchange rate
- officers stand of People’s Bank of China and reserve bank of India (RBI) on bitcoins
- How does Bitcoin violate FEMA and Prevention of money laundering act?
- US’s official stand on bitcoins and capital transaction tax on them.
- Misc. developments: Laxmicoin and fall of Mt.Gox bitcoin exchange website
- possible questions for interviews from this topic.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
sorry to say ,
You did not mentioned about WBCS(=WB CIVIL SERVICE ), UNFORTUNATELY ITS LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION, IS OVER, I LOST A GREAT CHANCE. IT WAS MY MISTAKE I DEPEND ONLY ON YOUR DAY-TO-DAY ACTIVITIES, I SHOULD HAVE LOOK ARROUND.
PLZ. MENTION IN FUTURE , REGARDING THE WBCS.
sir where do I find all geography lectures from one to till now because m not able to find them in series.
Sir ……Aaap ABHIJIT(singer) BHATTACHAYA jaise lagte ho……….bus unke (abhijit) sir par baal nahi he aapke sir par hein……………tabhi me sochu k Mrunal sir ko kahi deka huaa hein !!!!!!!!!!
very nice. thanks.
hi sir, have u posted a new article on 3rd marchor 5th march?da last one i got was on bitcoins eco lecture..i’m eagerly waiting for ur new lecture..
SSC CGL Tier 1 Result OUT
SSC CGL Tier 1 Result OUT.
Sir are u going to do that special series on budget and eco survey this time or not, kindly reply
Sir pls write articles for us could nt understand hindi .. sir pls do favour sir daily checking thrice for articles of u .. pls write articles for budget and economic survey soon sir
Mrunal sir kya ho gya h apko
Why r u following unacedemy etc by concentrating on videos
Sir u are d best in current affairs field
And from long time u didn’t posted anything.
So please pay little attention there also
I have qualifiwd tier1exam of ssc cgl 2014 can anyone tell me tier2 exam will be held in same centre means in same city were tier1 exam was held.
generally as i observed ssc cgl tier 2 is held at capital place of state so its not like ur exam will be held at same centre..
best of luch by the way
Good humor sense bro…
Try the ” God is a Gamer ” Book. It explain the concept of Bitcoins
marunal baba how can I get or all help hahaja joking baba u r truly inspiring I m new to this site baba.please guide me baba