[Economy Lecture] Financial Markets-II: SENSEX Calculation, Saradha Chit Fund scam, Vodafone Transfer Pricing Issue explained
- L2/P7: SENSEX Calculation, Harshad Mehta, Ketan Parekh
- L2/P8: 3 Major scams: Saradha, Sahara & NSEL
- L2/P9: Vodafone transfer pricing issue, capital gains tax & GAAR
- Fifth lecture was done on 13th February 2015, and uploaded on youtube. Total ~2:30 hours but I’ve split it into six parts.
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at Mrunal.org/Download
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because I’m required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English-text articles and English PPTs on the site.
L2/P7: SENSEX Calculation, Harshad Mehta, Ketan Parekh
- recap of the topics covered in previous lecture: credit rating, inflation indexed bonds, coupon bonds, bearer bonds, Treasury bills, government securities; mutual funds, exchange traded funds, hedge funds, participatory notes, call option and put option
- Sensex calculation – what is free float market capitalisation? What is the formula for BSE-SENSEX? List of the 30 companies included in the BSE Sensex.
- Types of Investors: Bulls, Bears and Stags.
- Dematerialisation: NSDL, Demat Accounts explained
- What are the differences between PAN card and UID card?
- List of software is in the online trading
- Why does online trading stop during solar flares and Equinox?
- Explained – Harshad Mehta sharemarket scam, Ready forward deals.
- Explained- Ketan Parekh- Madhupura cooperative scam .
- Reforms undertaken by SEBI- circuit breaker and Badla system.
L2/P8: 3 Major scams: Saradha, Sahara & NSEL
- Why did SEBI order Saraha to stop its OFCD scheme? Why was Subrata Roy arrested? Why has Supreme Court denied him bail? SEBI-ordinance and regulation of collective investment schemes (CIS).
- What is commodity trading? How did Jignesh Shah commit NSEL-scam? What are the reforms undertaken by forward markets commission (FMC) and government of India?
- How to cheat funds work? How did Sudipta Sen commit Saradha Chit fund scam? What are the steps taken by CBI, SFIO and ED? Why was Justice Shyamal Sen commission formed?
- Bigger picture: why do financial scams happen in India? How to prevent them by implementing the recommendations of Justice B.N Srikrishna’s financial sector legislative reform commission (FSLRC)?
- What is the need of Indian financial code (IFC)
- Need for Financial redressal agency (FRA) as envisaged by Nachiket Mor Committee.
- Misc. Topics: banking ombudsman, financial stability and development Council (FSDC) vs financial stability board (FSB).
L2/P9: Vodafone transfer pricing issue, capital gains tax & GAAR
- What is capital gains tax?
- The concept of tax deduction at source (TDS) and withholding tax norms.
- What is the controversy surrounding Vodafone-Hutch-Essar Deal? Supreme Court judgement, clarification in the income tax act.
- General anti-avoidance rules (GAAR), Parthsarthi Shome Panel
- What is Vodafone transfer pricing issue? How does undervaluation of shares affect Government’s tax revenue? Order of Bombay High Court in favor of Vodafone and decision of Modi Government not to pursue this matter further in Supreme Court.
- Nokia Dispute: Royalty tax row with Union and VAT-payment dispute with the State government
- Two types of double taxation avoidance agreements (DTAA): At and destination model and at source model.
- What is fiscal imperialism? How do first world countries benefit from it?
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!
sir LINK IS NOT WORKING for L2\P9….:(
Mrunal Sir , I have a doubt . When GAAR is going to be retrospective then why is the corporate sector trying to delay its implementation and why Govt has also decided to apply it from 2016 ?
Sir .Plz give notes of polity
rahul, you can download YouTube videos by downloading another software called freemake video downloader from the internet and watch the videos later, as per your convenience.
articles were better means to study reflect & revise dan lectures…, I felt.!!!
kindly make notice
Dear Mrunal Sir , I have seen your economics lecture and came to know that investment in Gold is bad for economy.I am a big investor of Gold, but from today onwards , I promise that i would not invest in gold. Thanks alot to let me know my responsibility towards my country. Thanks alot. Luv u always.
I request you to upload more and more articles with an increased pace. your articles are so informative like we need not have read anything about that topic once if we read here. so please upload more articles. Pls
When can i get these videos in English Language sir.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.
download tubemate app
HAI i am working in a public sector bank as PO and now i want an NOC to attend another interview, whom should i approach for this??
are officers under probation also eligible for NOC in nationalised banks ??
please help me.
sir will u upload the lecture of history and polity, plz reply ..
hatttss offff for your superb, admiring contribution
Anyone from Delhi interested in group study
I m waiting for my mains results
It was my first mains so not sure
whatsapp me on 9882177688
Sir…. It would be great if video in English Language for NON HINDI Speakers like me…
FCC nein bahut share post nikle Thai check fcijobsportal.com.any graduate me liye
Sir…. It would be great if video in English Language for NON HINDI Speakers like me….sir kindly accepet this request from our aspirants
When can i get these videos in English Language sir.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.
Sir could you please provide earlier lecture on economic which refer in this session
thanks a lot sir, it really help a lot
Someone please help me.
Due to poor internet accessibility…i am not able to dowload any video even after trying 100 timez.
Can anybody provide me link of site to just download audio of the video…??
Help me freinds…
Copy the video link. and paste it in the site “www (dot) clipconverter (dot) cc”
replace (dot) with ‘full stop’ for the link.
then select the download type as “mp3” and click download.
it will process the link for a while then finally direct you to the download link.
hope it helps. :)
Sirji, in the beginning of the lecture it is mentioned that this series has videos of 2:30 hrs (total) and in 6 parts….
However, I am able to see only 3 links..of ~40 mins each (120 mins =2 hours in total)
please share the remaining links as well..as I dont want to miss any videos…
For those who are not able to open the PPTx files despite having MS Office 2007 and above (like me)
RESOLUTION: what you do is right-click on the PPTx file name and select PROPERTIES. On this dialogue box, you will see a button marked UNBLOCK (towards bottom right corner), click on this and then press OK.
That’s it. Now the file will open.
Hope this solution helps…
Continuation to my previous post…….You can fix it for all files… you need to unblock that file type in the Protected View setting!
Start PowerPoint 2007/10/13. On the File tab, click Options, then Trust Center, then the Trust Center Settings button. Next, click Protected View and UNCHECK “Enable protected view for files originating from the Internet” and click OK.
If you want to disable any of the other blocks, you can do it there too.
Now you don’t have to go to each individual file and check Unblock in the Properties.
Sir plz upload oceanography and climatology lecture of rajtnali mam
Mrunal Sir, is there any lectures like these in english?
There is a term reserve deposit ratio in macro economic book of 12th class ncert. Whether this ratio includes both crr and slr or is different from them.
Waiting for ur reply.
sir ji i need ur material related with RTI , RTE , BHUMI ADHIGARHAN . please give me link from where i will able to download it.
@Mrunal sir: I have one doubt regarding following question (MCQ) in l2/p9 duration 23min 26 sec :
CGT is an example of indirect tax levied during sale of capital assets. (WRONG)
During such transaction, Seller of Capital assets, is required to withhold the tax. (WRONG)
But u told while explaining TDS that tax will be withhold at sellers end and then paid to govt.