- G3/P1: Landform Types- Mountains
- G3/P2: Landform Types- Plateaus
- G3/P3: Landform Types: Plains and Rivers of the world
- G4/P1: Geophysical Phenomenon- Volcanism for GS Mains Paper1
- G4/P2: Geophysical Phenomenon- Earthquakes & Tsunamis for GS-Mains Paper1
- These geography lectures are conducted by Ms. Rajtanil at Sardar Patel institute of Public Administration (SPIPA), Ahmedabad.
- First session began on 2st February 2015, and uploaded on youtube. Total ~2:30 hours but I’ve split it into four parts.
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at Mrunal.org/Download
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because faculties are required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English in the powerpoints.
G3/P1: Landform Types- Mountains
- Land forms on earth
- Types of mountain – fold and block
- Fold mountains: characteristics, Compressive force, building phases, Distribution across the world and their importance.
- Pamir knot, Hindukush, Sulaiman, Kirthar and Ural Mountain range.
- Block mountains: features, characteristics, tensile forces, distribution in Europe, India and Africa.
- Comparison between fold mountains vs. block mountains
Youtube video link: http://youtu.be/DPKrwa4CT1o
G3/P2: Landform Types- Plateaus
- Plateaus: meaning, formation, types
- Map- Bolivia plateau, Columbia plateau
- Map- Ozark plateau, Anatolia plateau
- Map- Loess plateau, Laurentian plateau
- Map- Katanga plateau, Africa
- Map- plateau of Mato grasso, brazil
- Map- Shan plateau, Myanmar
- Map- Tibetan plateau
Youtube video link: http://youtu.be/aqNiGBkKezs
G3/P3: Landform Types: Plains and Rivers of the world
- Plains: meaning, types, importance, distribution of important river plains of the world
- China: Yangtze river and important locations nearby
- W.Asia: Euphrates-Tigris rivers & important locations nearby
- Brazil: Amazon river & important locations nearby
- USA: Mississippi river & important locations nearby
- Australia: Murray-darling basin & important locations nearby
Youtube video link: http://youtu.be/G1LnI2Qj6fk
G4/P1: Geophysical Phenomenon- Volcanism for GS Mains Paper1
- Volcanism: meaning, Distribution of volcanism
- Volcanic Region of the world: Pacific ring of fire, Mid oceanic ridge
- Mediterranean sea, Mediterranean sea, Hot spot volcanoes and Aleutian islands
- Basaltic eruption vs. Andesitic eruption of volcanoes
- Landforms: Volcanic landforms, Intrusive landforms, Extrusive landforms
- Lava plateaus: Indian deccan lava plateau, Distribution of lava plateau in the world
- Types of volcanic cones: Shield volcano, Cinder volcano, Composite volcano, Comparison of volcanic cones
- Difference between geyser and hot spring;
- Geo-thermal energy and its limitations
Youtube video link: http://youtu.be/dSc2SrY2ufE
G4/P2: Geophysical Phenomenon- Earthquakes & Tsunamis for GS-Mains Paper1
- Earthquake: meaning and Mid oceanic ridge
- Types of earthquake: shallow focus, intermediate focus, deep focus
- Reasons for earthquake: Plate collision, divergence plate boundary, transverse plate boundary, Mediterranean sea, Craton , Human induced earthquakes
- Tsunami: meaning, Comparison between normal sea waves and tsunami waves
- Phrases of Tsunami
- Indian preparedness of Tsunami
Youtube video link: http://youtu.be/NPI_k1FAbQs
thanq u very much sir ….
english pls mrunal
sir we r group of 12 frnds and waiting for ur lecture…………….u r doing great work for inclusion with our goal nd ur concern
god bless u nd u will get everything what u want….
madamji aap to great ho
kya badihia samjhati ho
maan gye aapko
There are PPTs of climatography and oceanography but i could no find videos in youtube. Please upload the link.
Ples upload ansersheet of cds I 2015 wd explanation …
thank you mam and sir _/\_
Thank u for ur great work…It will be grateful if u plz teach in english…since we dono hindi :(
Thanks a lot Sir and mam Ur lectures are really very useful.
Sir youtube pe video nahi chal rahe hai ..invalid source Bata rahe hai
Really a great job mam ji u r great personality, i don’t have words to express thanks…..
pls provide in english. . so everyone can
sir i want to know
1.how i can download the geography lecture?
2.can you suggest any book for GS-IV paper for ethics and morality?
3.how to write the answer in mains?
U r simply awesome…..
Thank you so much
Dear Mrunal Sir and Madam, thanks a ton for uploading the videos.
One request, whenever madam explains anything on maps we don`t get to see which place is she ,pointing at that time, we only get to see the map. So, if you could get the focus towards the screen we all will get to know by the location of mouse or pointer which she might be using to point out the locations.
Hope you will consider my request.
Thanks in advance.
And waiting for your next uploads in geography :-)
sarkaari camera quality is quite poor. the ppts you see are directly captured from the harddisk, rather than from the screen. that’s why.
Please teach in English
Madam, very well explained and neatly presented. Could you please let us know that after completion of Geography, Environment & Biodiversity will be done…It would be great if you could help us here.. Thanks.
Thnku very much Sir n Madam. Sir, I am also requesting plz upload other subject’s videos if classes is conducted
Very good explanation
Pls use pointer or mouse. Geography teaching without pointing to the place is not good, otherwise your lecture is very good.
I am unable to down load the following lecture “G3/P2: Landform Types- Plateaus”.
Could you provide any alternative link.
Thank you so much Mrunal sir and madam. kindly continue uploading the lectures.
Query regarding Fold mountains, In lecture G2- P3 as per your PPTs fold mountains formation only takes place at C-C convergence but now in lecture G3-P1 it has been stated that fold mountain can be formed by the collision between O-C Plates (Andes & Rockies). If so then whats the basic difference between two? because as per your lecture it says only volcanic mountains can be found at coastal region formed by O-C Convergence ex Andes & Rockies & fold mountains formation takes place during C-C convergence Ex Himalaya & Alps. Pl carify
Please correct me if i am wrong, in Geography G3/P1 I heard students in background said Scandinavian countries as- Norway, Sweden and ‘ Finland’, as far as I know it is Norway Sweden and Denmark.
Faroe lslands, Svalbard, Aland,Iceland, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Sweeden. (last 3 are Scandinavian countries named because of geographical location of Scandinavian mountains as mam said in her lecture.)
In the second part of the lecture … I seriously didnt understand Inter-mountain Plateaus…. need help..
never mind .. i figured it out myself
I am not able to get the link for geophysical phenomena presentations. I can see only presentations related to either india or world geography. Please help me with the link for it
Not able to download the slides for the presentation.
The line beside is what is coming on clicking the download link: ‘We could not retrieve this folder because the link is invalid.’
I am not able to download the any of these slides of geography.
on clicking link :’we could not retrieve this folder because the link is invalid’ coming.
I want these slides sir. help me please…..