- L1/P6: Evolution of Banking sector in India
- L1/P7: Narsimhan Committee, 3-rounds of bank licenses
- L1/P8: Financial inclusion: PMJDY, KVP, Rupay, Small Banks-Payment Banks
- L1/P9: Classification of Banks and Non-Banking financial institutions (NBFI)
- Third lecture was done on 30th January 2015, and uploaded on youtube. Total ~2:30 hours but I’ve split it into four parts.
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at Mrunal.org/Download
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because I’m required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English-text articles and English PPTs on the site.
- Indian and foreign banks in pre-independent India
- factors affecting location of banking industry
- Why was there no financial inclusion in British India, despite existence of Indian-banks?
- Why was RBI setup?
- Bank nationalization in Post independent India: Why, How, When?
- Problems created by Bank nationalization. How did it contribute to BoP crisis?
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/XB9bJtb09lA
- Recommendations of Narsimhan-I and Narsimhan-II Committees.
- Private bank licenses in 3 rounds.
- Bimal Jalan Committee’s “In-Principle” approval to (1) Bandhan Microfinance and (2) IDFC
- Bharatiya Mahila Bank (BMB) features, purpose and why is it a symbolic exercise without substance?
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/7VCPyVXJQQk
- Define financial inclusion?
- Why do we need financial inclusion?
- Steps taken so far by various governments
- PM’s Jan-dhan Yojana- 6 pillars, salient features and criticism.
- Rupay card, what is payment gateway, how does it work? What’s the connection between Rupay card usage and 45 days?
- Kisan Vikas Patra- features, Shyamla Gopinath Committee and safeguards against Money laundering.
- Small Banks, Payment Banks: salient features-functions
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/-MwlISnrVqw
- What’re financial intermediaries?
- What’re the difference between commercial and cooperative banks?
- Regional rural banks- origin, ownership, problems and amendment
- Cooperative banks: origin, classification, problems.
- AIFI (All India Financial institutions): EXIM, NABARD, SIDBI and NHB. origin, ownership, functions, past MCQs from UPSC
- Primary dealers: meaning, functions
- Non-Banking financial companies (NBFC): How are they different from Banking institutions, internal classification of NBFCs.
- Microfinance companies
- Leftover topics and the-end of Banking sector “static” portion
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/xM3D0xaTesM