- G1/P1: longitudes, latitudes, Timezones and Dateline
- G1/P2: Earth’s Interior, S & P waves, Rock-Cycle, Geological Time-eras
- G1/P3: Continental Drift Theory
- G1/P4: Sea Floor Spreading Theory
- These geography lectures are conducted by Ms. Rajtanil at Sardar Patel institute of Public Administration (SPIPA), Ahmedabad.
- First session began on 2st February 2015, and uploaded on youtube. Total ~2:30 hours but I’ve split it into four parts.
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at Mrunal.org/Download
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because faculties are required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English in the powerpoints.
G1/P1: longitudes, latitudes, Timezones and Dateline
Language: Hindi, Topics Covered:
- Longitudes and Latitudes: definitions and concepts.
- Why is there heat deficit and heat surplus regions on earth?
- Reason for season on earth, Day and night time variation, from season to season
- What are Solstice and equinox? UPSC-CSAT-2013 question on day-night time variation
- Daylight saving in temperate regions
- Longitude – prime meridian, International dateline (IDL)
- How moving to west to IDL one day is lost and how moving to east of IDL one day is gained? Example of Russia and Alaska
- Standard time: Indian standard time, Chaibaagan time zone issue
- Exercises – calculation regarding standard time of a place
- Solved UPSC CSAT Prelim Question 1999, 2006, 2008
- Map explanations for Malacca strait, Strait of Florida, Strait of Gibraltar
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/SMPO60DOTKQ
G1/P2: Earth’s Interior, S & P waves, Rock-Cycle, Geological Time-eras
- Origin of the earth, Nebular theory of Laplace
- Speculation about earth’s interior: Heaviest elements are placed at the core and lighter elements are at the surface.
- Interior of the earth: Density study, Temperature study, Direct and indirect evidences
- SIAL and SIMA concepts- Edward Suess
- Seismic wave studies: Propagation of S-Waves and P-Waves
- Layers of earth’s interior: Lithosphere, asthenosphere, mantle, outer core, inner core.
- Composition of interior of the earth and the crust.
- Rocks of the continental crust
- Rock-cycle (Igneous rock, sedimentary, metamorphous)
- Properties of Igneous rocks
- Properties of sedimentary rocks
- Properties of metamorphous rocks
- Prev. years question on rocks
- Geological history of the earth: Super continent –Rodinia, Breaking up of Rodinia
- Formation and breaking of Pangaea
- What are Panthalasa
- Laurasia, Gondwana and Tethys sea
- Breaking up of Gondwana
- Movement of Indian plate
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/DzAH67tsmh8
G1/P3: Continental Drift Theory
- Alfred Wegener and his theory.
- Evidences and Limitations of Continental drift theory
- UPSC 2013 Mains question on this topic
- Drawing maps for India and world in minutes.
- Arthur Holmes: convection current theory
- Driving force behind the continental drift
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/IxpPoVc7y3U
G1/P4: Sea Floor Spreading Theory
- Beginning of Sea-floor spreading theory
- Mapping of Sea-floor in 1950s
- 3 questions raised after sea-floor mapping
- Henry Hass and Dietz – theory
- Mid- oceanic ridge – Mechanism and distribution in the world oceans,
- Trenches – distribution in the world oceans, Mechanism of trenches, the Mariana trench – deepest trench of the world
- UPSC Prelim 2006 q. on trench
- Concept of Palaeo-magnetism, geomagnetism, Vine and Mattheus
Youtube Link: http://youtu.be/BlBg5GVhZ5k
please upload the file into mrunal online storage…all contents are empty..indian geography…
right bro i am also not able to download
This PowerPoint is not opening
Sir are these videos are alone sufficient for preparation
hello guys this is arun here new one in prep of upsc i need proper guideline from u are .
and need a partner to study combine
are these lectures sufficient for main…optional..
or else what need to be covered before..
any one from chandigarh…???
guys it would be a great help if you suggest me..
This is very helpful video of geography.
anyone here from virar or mumbai here, preparing for 2018 pre. i need some people for group discussions or studies.
contact me at email@example.com. Thank You.
7709483110 please suggest study room near ghatkopar
Hi I m from Kurla
Preparing for Upsc 2022
Are u preparing or cleared ? Ias
I’m writing upsc mains but not 2020.
hey anybody interesting in making group for pre’18
Do you still need a group?
If there is any group or you want to create a group, contact me .
How to prepare ias pre &mains in Hindi medium
I’m writing upsc mains 2020.
Tell me sir best kannada language website please…
Sir this power point is not opening
Will any1 help me in getting ENGLISH notes of mrunal sirs videos??? plzZz
Did you got the link for mrunal sirs videos in English? ?
How to download PPTs of lectures
no able to download ppt . plz. provide otherwise youtube geograhy lectures are hard to
I am unable to download PDFs or PPTs of the lectures, can anybody help?
Is anyone able to download the PPTs? Please help.
sir links are invalid
Give daily target to prepare upsc 23 , day by day targets and many thinks
sir , i am unable to download the PPTs / PDFs can you fix this issue for us that will be a great help
I am unable to download . fix the problem.please
It was showing link was invalid. Please upload the documents.
It is showing link is invalid or document is available please provide the ppt