- L5/P2: Economic survey: Agriculture reforms
- L5/P3: Industrial Sector: Theory
- L5/P4: Factory-Labour reforms and Companies Act
- Continuation of the lecture series on budget-economic survey.
- Under Sectors of economy, GDP related topics were covered in last lecture. This next session held on 27th March 2015, further continues into agriculture and manufacturing sector.
- PowerPoint of the lecture, available at Mrunal.org/Download
- Medium of instruction- Hindi.
- English version not possible for the moment, because faculties are required to teach at this batch, in Hindi/Gujarati only. Besides, same content is available in English in the powerpoints and articles (e.g. Shanta Kumar, Companies act etc.)
L5/P2: Economic survey: Agriculture reform
- overview of the problems faced by agriculture sector of India, and its possible solutions
- Agricultural productivity for various crops in India’s best vs. World’s best.
- How to improve agricultural yield? Measures suggested by economic survey
- agriculture extension services- challenges and remedies
- BT and genetically modified crops- why is economic survey suggesting changes in regulatory sector?
- Why Overconsumption of fertilizers and its negative impact on Indian economy and ecology?
- Salient features of soil health card scheme and Mridaparikshak.
- Shanta Kumar committee’s recommendations on fertiliser subsidy
- irrigation challenges and provisions in budget 2015
- agricultural credit/farm loans provisions in budget 2015
- Post-production reforms in agriculture sector (1) public procurement-FCI-PDS Shanta Kumar (2) private retail- APMC reforms, national common market.
- Mock question for Mains: “Agricultural commodities markets have to be made more competitive in the interests of both producers and consumers.” Examine the legal-Constitutional impediments involved and suggest remedies. 200 words.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/rIz7-0smZHU
L5/P3: Industrial Sector: Theory
- industrial policies of 1948, 1956 and 1991
- 3 areas reserved for public sector
- 5 areas requiring industrial licensing.
- Differences between cottage industry, village in the sea, organised sector, and organised sector, MSME and SSI
- classification of micro small medium enterprises (MSME)
- budget 2015 announcements: Mudra, AIM and SETU
- Mudra bank: purpose, salient features, criticism
- Atal innovation mission
- SETU: self-employment and talent utilisation scheme for start-up companies.
- Public procurement policy 2012 vs public procurement Bill 2012
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/Vfc3qMo_wEM
L5/P4: Factory-Labour reforms and Companies Act
- Why the need for factory Labour reforms in India?
- Definition of factories under the act of 1948 versus bill of 2014
- Salient features and benefits of factories Bill 2014.
- Apprentice Bill 2014
- corporate governance – definition and purpose
- Companies act 2013 – three types of companies: one-person company, public limited company, private limited company.
- Holding company versus subsidiary company
- What is special purpose vehicle (SPV)?
- Government owned entities: departmental undertakings, public corporations and government companies.
- Provisions related to board of directors an independent directors
- corporate social responsibility – CSR: provisions in companies act 2013
- 4 statutory bodies under companies act 2013
- National company law tribunal (NCLT)
- National financial reporting authority (NFRA)
- investor and education protection fund
- serious fraud investigation office (SFIO)
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/E72-MTcPLws
Visit youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel For more lectures on UPSC General Studies.
Thank you :)
thanks a lot sir!!
pls give some pointers for interview preparation for 2015
Sir can u please upload answer sheet written by any topper
Thank u. Audio of L5/P2 got some disturbances. i am able to hear some other people chating… instead of Mrunal’s lecture. (only here and there). pls correct… future lectures.
sir ur lecture s not at all useful for the south indian rural people pls provide with the written format as u would give earlier, atleast we would be able 2 understand in english , pls work for the greater benefit
Sir how much lecture is remaining and when u start article writing and what about the current affairs weekly
donot open ppt file plz help me sir….
Even today itself in morning i was thinking what if Mrunal.org unavailable how can i prepare for my exam,what i saw after 2 hours that site is not working. ut relaxed to see that site also available offline.
Thanks Team !
Is the upsc ever going to announce the mains result?
Itne time me to logon ki naukri lag ke, promotion bhi ho jata hai……
Plz provide a study plan for fci ag3 technical.
And book list also specially for technical part.
please post the economy survey articles sir.
Kya mil sakte hai
Ye lectures in CD ya DVD
Frnd plz clarify my doubt……
I m jat by caste and my dob is 02 aug 1984. I was having obc certificate and applied for nabard in obc category as there was age relaxation of three years for obc. Having cleared both grade a and grade b phase 1, got call letter for phase 2. Now recently supreme court has scraped jat reservation. Though i m sure that i will be counted as general candidate for phase 2 result, but the doubt remains that m i even eligible or not because i m 31 years old.
Sincere n quick replies are welcome.
मृणाल सर आपने कमाल कर दिया
हिन्दुस्तान में अच्छी अच्छी आईएएस के नाम पर बेवक़ूफ़ बनाने वाली कोचिंग का धंधा बैठा दिया
अब एक ग्रामीण क्षेत्र की छात्रा भी आईएएस बन सकती है
बड़े बड़े टीचर्स आज mrunal.org से गाइडेंस लेते है , अंतर यह है की अब वो झूठा अहंकार नहीं कर सकते
जब छात्र कहता है की सर में द हिन्दू पड़ता हूँ ,मृणाल देख लेता हूँ तो फीस के नाम पर मोटी रकम मांगने पर शर्माते जरूर हैं।
Mrunal Sir u r amazing
u have brought down the big coaching names in India,these coaching
in name of UPSC are making good business.
a student of the rural area can also become a IAS
great teachers taking guidance from mrunal.org today, the difference is that now they can not show false ego
and shy to ask for the big bucks.
good….honest appproach…liked it….hmesha bde log humble aur simple hi milenge,,,,,,,,,,thumbs up!!!!!
Your lectures well known throughout India and beneficial to all civil aspriants,sir as your lecture was in hindi candidates belonging to south region may not understand pls give english version or else present explanation as an article as you were previously did.
Can anyone please provide the link for previous lecture on Economic survey & Budget
Dear Mrunalsir thank’s alot for given guidence
sir ek bat aaur kahena chahuga me dusaro ke bare me nahi janata par mere liye app sir GOD ho. kyu ki aaisi seva ek khuda ka banda hi kar sakata hai.
Respected Mrunal Sir,
After few minutes there is no Audio in lecture no. L5/P2 on Economy and G6/P6 on Geogrpahy. Please look into this, as your each lecture is extremely important for us.
Thanks a lot,Videos uploaded by you are very good and helpful.
sir, economic survey ke articles kab tak aayege.
sir assistant commandant ka age parameter ya cuttoff kya hain general m thoda clear karenge aap