- ESB161/P6: Monetary Policy Framework between RBI & FinMin
- ESB161/P7: Decline in Bank Deposit & Credit Growth & incomplete transmission of monetary Policy?
- ESB161/P8: MCLR Vs. Base Rate, Small Savings Schemes & incomplete transmission of monetary Policy?
- ESB161/P9-Priority Sector Lending Certificates: Features, Purpose
- ESB161/P10: Differential Banks- Small Finance Banks, Payment Banks, Wholesale Bank, Custodian Banks
- Continuation of last week’s lecture on banking sector updates with main focus on budget and economic survey.
- last time we had focused on NPA related issues such as twin balance-sheet problem, insolvency and bankruptcy code 2015 among other.
- this new lecture focuses mainly on the factors behind incomplete transmission of monetary policy.
- Powerpoints available under Mrunal.org/download (goto mediafire folder=>Economy=>Banking)
ESB161/P6: Monetary Policy Framework between RBI & FinMin
- Recap of the previous lecture: Chakravyuh Challenge, Twin Balance sheet problem, classification of bank’s assets, SARFAESI and NPA, new insolvency and bankruptcy code 2015, BASEL-III norms on recapitalization of public sector banks; Indradhanush reforms.
- Quick revision of quantitative tools of monetary policy and UPSC-2015 prelim questions from this topic.
- Latest bimonthly monetary policy on April 2016; changes in the policy corridor
- Overall trend of monetary policy rates in last three years.
- Reforms in Monetary policy: Urjit Patel Committee, Monetary policy framework with flexible inflation targeting (FIT) and Budget-2016 announcement for amending RBI Act 1934
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/bhhwvCwou0g
ESB161/P7: Decline in Bank Deposit & Credit Growth & incomplete transmission of monetary Policy?
- Factors/Reasons behind incomplete transmission of monetary policy?
- Revision of the cash reserve ratio (CRR) and statutory liquidity ratio (SLR)
- question asked in UPSC 2015 prelims: When RBI reduces the Statutory Liquidity Ratio by 50 basis points, what will happen?
- How does a high SLR rate lead to financial repression of public sector banks on asset side?
- High level of stressed assets encourage PSB to overinvestment in risk free G-sec to maintain a respectable risk-weighted capital adequacy ratio to comply with BASEL-III
- Why is growth in deposit and credit either negative or sluggish?
- Connection between real interest rate and growth in bank deposits- substitution effect and wealth effect.
- How liberalized remittance scheme (LRS) is creating negative spillover on the economy?
- Double financial repression of public sector banks on both asset and liability side.
- Four factors behind sluggish growth in Bank credit (Y-o-Y) in India? 1) incomplete transmission of monetary policy 2) corporates have halted their expansion plans and banks are reluctant to loan them anyway. 3) lucrative rates offered in the bond market 4) oil marketing companies are borrowing less from commercial banks.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/hv5XmW6h5lE
ESB161/P8: MCLR Vs. Base Rate, Small Savings Schemes & incomplete transmission of monetary Policy?
- How small savings schemes have hindered the complete transmission of monetary policy? Why did Government reduce the small savings rates?
- Who decides the loan interest rates of banks? Base rate system vs Marginal cost of funds based lending rates (MCLR)?
- List of structural rigidities that are preventing complete transmission of monetary policy?
- Why Monetary Policy alone can’t combat inflation/low-growth?
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/do7d1ci839o
ESB161/P9-Priority Sector Lending Certificates: Features, Purpose
- Which banks have to comply with the PSL norms?
- List of new categories added in the priority sector from 2015?
- Definition of small and marginal farmers, MSME industry.
- Does Jan Dhan Overdraft count as PSL lending to weaker section?
- What happens if banks fail to meet PSL target?
- New categories in PSL: renewable energy, social infrastructure
- RBI’s Deepak Mohanty Committee on Med-term path on financial inclusion and its recommendations about replacing Interest subvention scheme with universal crop insurance subsidy.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/vyOnVxZQHkA
ESB161/P10: Differential Banks- Small Finance Banks, Payment Banks, Wholesale Bank, Custodian Banks
- Recap of the classification of financial intermediaries
- Local area banks: origin, restrictions, features.
- What is a scheduled bank? What are the disadvantages of not being a scheduled bank?
- Small finance bank and Payment banks: origin, purpose, equity requirement, CRAR norms, functions, similarities, differences.
- Usha Thorat Committee and list of 10 winners of small finance bank license
- Nachiket Mor Committee and list of 11 winners of payment bank license.
- Criticism against small finance bank and payment banks by Subramanium Swami and Arundhati Bhattacharya.
- Proposed Differential banks: wholesale banks and custodian banks
- Side topic: National payment Corporation of India (NPCI)’s unified payment system (UPI)
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/8Qlj6eqd4SY
This concludes (most of the) Banking topics from this year’s budget and economic survey.
Thanks sir for updating your wonderful lecture video… Really Thank you very much for your generous efforts… Sir I request you from all your viewers side to kindly notify regarding prospect of history lecture series…
sir,saare powerpoint economy ke last time ke hai,latest kaha se upload kare plz help.
mrunal sir .. no words to express .. thanks a tonne … absolutely , totally n very very indebted to you sir … its worth the wait …
can any one tell me how do i get mrunal sir banking basics videos i am not able to find those videos. plz help
go to Youtube and search for Mrunal sir videos of banking hope so you may get it.
complete satisfaction ..amazing ppts.. thank you so much mrunal sir .. by going through these ppts one can easily recognize that you take a lot of care regarding our studies n all sir they are perfectly explained … really indebted sir .. \,,/
latest lectures ke powerpoint kaha se upload kiya,plz help.
L1 banking_finance folder uske andar hai … dont go inside theory n all .. front mein hai and sab niche hai
thxs brother,best of luck for preliams.aage bhi help karna.
bro,ESB 161/P1-P10 KE POWERPOINT KAHA SE DOWNLOAD KARNA HAI,L1-P1 LEKAR L1P9 TAK KE OLD WAALE KARLIYE HAI,YE LATEST WAALE NAHI MEEL RAHE BHAI,PLZ HELP.
Inside L1 banking_finance folder, I can find PPTs of first three lectures only! From where to get the rest of the PPTs?
Thanks in advance!
Thank you sir ..belive me ..you owe me..
THANK YOU MRUNAL SIR.. BUT THEIR ARE SO MANY THINGS IN SURVEY RATHER THAN BANKING.. SIR.. PLZZZ COVER THOSE TOPICS..
Thank you Sir.
Sir thanks for the economy but where is history????
thanks for helping millions of us ans listening to the needy.
Thank you so much sir…)
sir, its a very humble request to upload the rest of history videos. Those videos are as good as yours and is a boon for student likes us who can’t afford to go to Delhi.
thanks a lot sir
your style has made the subject topic seem much easier..fantastic job..thanks and please keep up the good show.
Thank you sir…..pls post other history videos……
Thank you sir, really simplified our preparation
please history lecture pure kar do……………..
Sir, unable to find PPTs for ESB. Searched the mediafire folder and the download page. Can you please upload it ?
same with me bro,plz help sir AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
ppts are there … the names of old and new ones are same so little confusion is on … it is there in L1banking _finance section … if still unable to find … i will mail you guys
Is it compulsory to be graduate in English literature if you want to opt English literature as an optional for upsc main examination 2016. Please tell me I really want to know.
No, it is not mandatory. Anybody can choose any subject irrespective of their stream of graduation.
esb161-p1, p2 and p3 are there .. for rest you have to watch thoda videos also .. goodluck
bhai prabhat all video watched twice n ppts also but not found esb 161p1 to p10 plz share link.thxs
Sir please explain the question of tax to gdp in ias pre 2015
HOW TO ACCEES 5015 AUGUST ALL ARTICLE ON REVISION ENVIROMENT UP
TO 2016 PLZ INFORMED REPLY
I wish we have a economic survey lecture in English. Thanks anyway.
Sir, kindly WRITE articles on ECONOMICS, FINANCE, MANAGEMENT for the purpose of RBI Examinations.
as i have 3 years for my csat exam,i want to inquire that reading this year economic survey help me at that time of my exams?
sir, please upload remaining history videos …..
Can we get the slides which you have showed in your lectures sir
Mrunal sir, I’m a first timer on your site. I want to improve my knowledge about general awareness for banking exams. For that I want to learn from the start. Could you please point out where should I start looking in the site to attain my goal?
pls upload videos in english sir and pls prepare 2016 rbi study plan