- AC1/P1: Sculptures, Seals, Town planning: Indus Valley Civilization
- AC1/P2: Stupa & Pillar- Mauryan Age; Post Mauryan Sculpture
- AC1/P3: Cave architecture- Gupta Age, Ajanta-Ellora
- Ms.Ishani Pandya (Rank 502/CSE-2014, ICLS) lecture on Mains GS1-Revision- Indian art and culture.
- Lecture Videos available under: Youtube.com/user/TheMrunalPatel
- Powerpoints Available under Mrunal.org/Download
AC1/P1: Sculptures, Seals, Town planning: Indus Valley Civilization
- Introduction to Art and culture, the difference between them.
- Indus Valley civilization: Architecture, Sculpture; Ornaments Pottery
- Town planning of Indus Valley- citadel, non-citadel, houses, courtyard, graneries, drainage system, dockyard and public bath.
- Indus valley sculpture: Seals and scripts- their purpose and utility; mother Godess, bronze dancing girl, bearded priest,
- Ornaments, pottery- their utility
- GS-1-Mains-2014: To what extent has the urban planning and culture of the Indus valley civilization provided inputs to the present day urbanization? Discuss.
- Mock Question for Mains: Examine how recent excavations of remnants of the Harappan Civilization in India have helped historians to understand Harappan culture. (200 Words)
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/h2kwblESn4I
AC1/P2: Stupa & Pillar- Mauryan Age; Post Mauryan Sculpture
- Court art of this period: state initiatives- stupa and pillars.
- Popular Art of this period: individual art, sculpture, pottery and caves.
- Mauryan pillar: design, feature, purpose; how are they different than achamanian pillars
- Sarnath Pillar, Bull capital of – Rampurva, Bihar and Rockcut elephant at Odisha
- Stupa – architecture, gateway
- Stupa at Ranchi and Amaravati
- Sunga influence on Mauryan Sculpture
- Post Maurya Period Cave- Karle.
- Sculpture schools: Gandhar, Mathura, Amarvati- features and comparison.
- GS1-Mains-2014 Question: Gandhara sculpture owed as much to the romans as to the greeks. Discuss
- Bamiyan in Afghanistan- Features and Fall of.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/J5M_xlmcnaQ
AC1/P3: Cave architecture- Gupta Age, Ajanta-Ellora
- Gupta age- temple and cave architecture- salient features of.
- Gupta Age- Sarnath school of sculpture
- Cave development in various periods, features and location factor.
- Notable caves- Bhimbetka caves, Kanheri caves, Jogeshwari caves, Mandapeshwa, Kalre, Bhaja, Bedsa
- Ajanata Caves- notable features, phases of development, themes, paintings and technical aspects.
- Hindu Kaves, Kailasha Cave
- Buddhist caves, Jain Caves, Indra Sabha, Junagadh caves,Elephanta caves
- Misc. Caves: Nasik, Udavalli, Udaygiri, Eladipattam
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/GZH5OIu9Z0g
Next lecture: Temple architecture of Gupta Age and South India.
Visit Mrunal.org/HISTORY for more on India-World History and Culture.
Mrunal sir, we are not able to download ppt of the above session. Please help us in this regard. Thnk you.
i have forwarded the ppt on all the above email id here.
buddy plz send me the ppt at firstname.lastname@example.org
can you forward at email@example.com
please email the ppt on firstname.lastname@example.org also
Can you Please sand the sildes to my email email@example.com
thanks in advance
Please email the ppts of this lecture to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pls forward to me also at email@example.com
plz mail me the ppts i m not able to find them.. firstname.lastname@example.org
I am unable to download ppt of art and culture
please Mrunal sir …….
Sir ….Please send the PPT of Art n Culture at email@example.com
plz mail me the ppts i m not able to find them firstname.lastname@example.org
not able to find ppt of the series..someone plz tell me the link
sir i am not receiving current affairs updates from this site plz tell me how can i get it
Please forward PPT of art and culture to me also. I am unable to find them.
Hiii….plz mail the PPt at email@example.com
hey plz mail me the ppts at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please forward the PPTs to email@example.com
Please mail ppts to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you Ishani madam..
May i get the ppts of the avobe lectures.
mail id email@example.com
I am unable to download PPT of art and culture of entire lecture series. Please send me ppts on my email ID.. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please send me ppts on my email ID.. email@example.com.
mail id : firstname.lastname@example.org
please send me the ppts ..
thanx in advance
please any one if these pptx mail me @ email@example.com
if you have received those art n culture ppts…please send me at firstname.lastname@example.org
PPt for art & culture is not there at Downloads….Please upload.Thanks
It will be good if one does tell where to find the ppts for Art and Culture.
I am unable to find anywhere. Anyone who has please mail it to me at email@example.com
art and culture lecture’s ppt is not there, please provide that
Sir, please send me a notes of art and culture.
please send me the PPT of art and culture lectures by Ishani Pandya mam, it is not available here.
it will be helpful for my revision.
Sir,i want to know the books required for indian art and culture.
sir please send the ppt of art and culture at my email id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Someone please send me the art and culture PPTs … Surbhikalra9999@gmail.com
Sir please send ppt of art and culture at my email id: email@example.com
Sir send ppt in Hindi if available….