- DIY-P1: Beginning the Prelim cum Mains preparation
- DIY-P2: Approaching Science Tech, IT, Space, Defense
- DIY-P3: Approaching Environment, Agriculture, Geography, Economy & Polity
- DIY-P4: Approaching History, Culture, IR/Diplomacy
- DIY-P5: theHindu Reading from Frontpage to Editorial
- DIY-P6: theHindu: Reading from Economy to theEnd
- Recommended books to kick start UPSC prep
- Here starts my first lecture for the new year and new prelims- brief analysis of last year’s prelim-GS paper and how to read thehindu newspaper for UPSC?
- Often candidates outside Delhi, underestimate and neglect thehindu for preparation of their general studies and thereby hurting their own chances of getting good ranks in civil services exam.
- PowerPoint available at http://Mrunal.org/download
DIY-P1: Beginning the Prelim cum Mains preparation
- the difference between a UPSC lover and a UPSC killer
- the syllabus and analysis of general studies for preliminary and Mains examination
- how to approach science and technology for prelims cum Mains preparation
- overview of the MCQ asked from public health topic in UPSC 2015 preliminary exam
- how to cover the public health, pharmacy and medicine related News from the Hindu, for UPSC prelims and Mains
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/bJ87N_ZpFCo
DIY-P2: Approaching Science Tech, IT, Space, Defense
- within science and technology topic, how to approach information technology (IT), space and defense, agriculture inherently related topics from the Hindu newspaper
- how to prepare ISRO related topics for UPSC prelims, mains and interview
- how to meticulously prepare the defense innovation and joint exercises
- how to prepare the theoretical portion of science and technology from NCERTs and general studies manuals.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/d1P5RAn3JpM
DIY-P3: Approaching Environment, Agriculture, Geography, Economy & Polity
- Environment & Biodiversity: five subtypes of MCQ asked in UPSC 2015 Prelims
- Relevance of the Hindu newspaper preparation of environment for prelims and Mains
- Why read India yearbook?
- Why read NIOS and NCERTs for wildlife, flora, fauna and pollution related MCQs in UPSC prelims?
- How to approach physical, Indian and world geography for Prelims and Mains? How to cultivate map reading skills?
- How to approach economy, banking, finance for prelims, mains and interview?
- How to approach Indian polity and Constitution? Relevance of M. Laxmikanth, India yearbook, the Hindu newspaper and Prsindia.org
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/d5jaw2EyfI8
DIY-P4: Approaching History, Culture, IR/Diplomacy
- how to prepare Indian culture, ancient and mediaeval and modern India and world history?
- Importance of NIOS, Tamilnadu textbooks, Spectrum and Bipan Chandra.
- Why old NCERTs are not relevant except for World history?
- Analysis of MCQs asked from history and culture topic in UPSC 2015
- Approaching international relations (IR), diplomacy and diaspora topics for Mains. Analysis of the IR/grouping questions asked in Prelims-2015.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/a839lzLqiTs
DIY-P5: the Hindu Reading from Frontpage to Editorial
- Why read thehindu newspaper for UPSC civil services IAS/IPS exam?
- Understanding the PMIF framework: Prelims, mains, interview or fodder?
- How to analyse the news on frontpage from prelims, mains and interview perspective?
- How to fasttrack page 2 to 7 which are littered with coaching ads and Delhi crime?
- How to fast track page 8 to 9 where hardly few centimeters of space is given to “The NATION”!
- Why read the columns, letters to editors and the editorials, and how to make notes out of them?
- Sample editorial – “All in the spirit of equality”- how to digest it for UPSC prelims, mains and interview perspective.
- How to eliminate useless news from the perspective pages i.e. page 11 and 12.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/iw9RRWjZ_eE
DIY-P6: theHindu: Reading from Economy to theEnd
- How to read the economy, banking, finance pages in thehindu newspaper for UPSC point of view.
- Why it is useless to follow day to day sharemarket and IRDA-RBI-SEBI notifications?
- Why read the open page in Tuesday edition?
- Why ignore sports pages, except during high profile mains / interview related news?
- Sample news: Lodha Committee- how to prepare it for prelims, mains and interview.
- Why should we read last page about “Life”?
- How to follow the PIN- persons in news, dead in news, places in news, books, authors, awards and diaspora news in the hindu?
- Why Government advertisements are important?
- Why should we read the speeches of president and vice president?
- Few tips on magazines, notes making, time management, repeated failures and career backups
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/Ii-kDrIo8dM
Recommended books to kick start UPSC prep
|Pre+Mains||Culture||Ms. Ishani Pandya (AIR-502 | ICLS) Lecture & Powerpoints||Free|
|Pre+Mains||GS Theory||NIOS, NCERT, IGNOU & Tamilnadu State Books||Free|
|Pre+Mains||Economy||Mrunal’s Lecture & Powerpoints – Budget and Economic survey||Free|
|Mains||Economy||GSM3: Food Processing Industry||Free|
|Pre||General||Last 21 Years CSAT Prelims Topicwise Paperset by Disha Publication||Buy||Buy||Buy|
|Pre+Mains||Current Affairs||TheHindu, Frontline, Yojana Magazine, prsindia.org, idsa.in|
|Pre+Mains||Geography||Ms. Rajtanil Solanki (AIR-367 | IRS) lectures & Powerpoints||Free|
|Mains||Geography||GSM1: Factors affecting location of Industries||Free|
|Pre+Mains||Geography||School Atlas-Orient Blackswan||Buy|
|Pre||History||Lucent GK (for Ancient, Medieval, Modern)||Buy||Buy|
|Pre+Mains||History||A Brief History of Modern India by Rajiv Ahir (Spectrum Publication)||Buy||Buy|
|Pre+Mains||History||Bipan Chandra: India’s struggle for independence||Buy||Buy|
|Mains||History||Bipan Chandra: India since independence||Buy||Buy|
|Pre+Mains||Polity||India 2016 (Yearbook)||Buy||Buy|
|Pre+Mains||Polity||Indian Polity by M.Laxmikanth||Buy||Buy|
|Prelims||Polity||Laxmikanth’s Objective Polity MCQs for Practice||Buy|
|Mains||Polity||GSM3: Land Reforms||Free|
|Mains||Ethics||GS4: Articles and Lecture Videos @Mrunal.org||Free|
Q What happens in Microcephaly?
a) Cranial capacity decreases
b) Brain shrink
d) None of the above
Kindly answer this questions… I am confused..regarding it
answer is C
Sir… mere words are not at all enough to show our gratitude..
We love you sir…
sir i find difficulty in polity. how should i get a easy door to remember,about the articles in indian constitution.
Hello,i m upsc aspirant need ur guidance .
Sir ,now eco survey ,IYB ’16,union budget&rail budget have been released ,should I follow respective old lectures &power points related to them or else should wait for new lectures&ppts ????
sir ….i need in english…… am from tamilnadu…
sir upload video economic survey and union budget 2016
sir please tell me is ESE INAS service is uniform service of navy or like a corporate office service, what is the main roll in INDIAN NAVY?
Sir the article ;how to read the Hindu in 7 days ,though older in upsc field used to read in detail but nw bcoz of this article I m to the point & following method &felt very comfortable and confident abt current affairs .thank u sir .
Can You please provide us the analysis of Prelims Papers of GK 2015?
Sir please teach in English because most of the candidates from southern states cannot understand Hindi properly…..Thank u
Do it yourself
Came across lots of people, but never seen such a ” UNSELFISH” person like you.Journey seems easy by following your path.You are no doubt “DRONACHARYA” ,now its all depend upon us to prove ourselves “EKLAVYA”.
hello sir iam hindi medium student but i want to preparation upsc in english medium so what i do improve my english for upsc ?
Will the application of THE HINDUS do for that?
Sir, can you please tell me how to prepare for ssc cgl genral awareness and current affairs??
From which date onwards should we study for current affairs??
please tell in detail???
Dear Sir ,
Kuch slides economic survey 15-16
aur budget pe kuch naya lecture bna ke pada dijiye apke lucid lecture se jaldi samjh ata hai
hello sir iam serious aspirant from andhra please teach us in english sir it will be greatly helpful to us
Can any one provide me a science and technology of the Hindu page for Jan and Feb of 2016. Thanks.
Sir I am a bank employee working as a clerk, I want to prepare for civils exam ,how should i prepare ? Can I get it without coaching while working? What should be my preparation plan? Please guide me sir
sir tell some thing about how I speak the English
Hello sir, please tell me how to cram all (1-395) the articles of the Indian Constituion.
Please Teach us in English.
Thank u sir….
Great post! Have nice day ! :) xhcyg