- DIY-P1: Beginning the Prelim cum Mains preparation
- DIY-P2: Approaching Science Tech, IT, Space, Defense
- DIY-P3: Approaching Environment, Agriculture, Geography, Economy & Polity
- DIY-P4: Approaching History, Culture, IR/Diplomacy
- DIY-P5: theHindu Reading from Frontpage to Editorial
- DIY-P6: theHindu: Reading from Economy to theEnd
- Recommended books to kick start UPSC prep
- Here starts my first lecture for the new year and new prelims- brief analysis of last year’s prelim-GS paper and how to read thehindu newspaper for UPSC?
- Often candidates outside Delhi, underestimate and neglect thehindu for preparation of their general studies and thereby hurting their own chances of getting good ranks in civil services exam.
- PowerPoint available at http://Mrunal.org/download
- the difference between a UPSC lover and a UPSC killer
- the syllabus and analysis of general studies for preliminary and Mains examination
- how to approach science and technology for prelims cum Mains preparation
- overview of the MCQ asked from public health topic in UPSC 2015 preliminary exam
- how to cover the public health, pharmacy and medicine related News from the Hindu, for UPSC prelims and Mains
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/bJ87N_ZpFCo
- within science and technology topic, how to approach information technology (IT), space and defense, agriculture inherently related topics from the Hindu newspaper
- how to prepare ISRO related topics for UPSC prelims, mains and interview
- how to meticulously prepare the defense innovation and joint exercises
- how to prepare the theoretical portion of science and technology from NCERTs and general studies manuals.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/d1P5RAn3JpM
- Environment & Biodiversity: five subtypes of MCQ asked in UPSC 2015 Prelims
- Relevance of the Hindu newspaper preparation of environment for prelims and Mains
- Why read India yearbook?
- Why read NIOS and NCERTs for wildlife, flora, fauna and pollution related MCQs in UPSC prelims?
- How to approach physical, Indian and world geography for Prelims and Mains? How to cultivate map reading skills?
- How to approach economy, banking, finance for prelims, mains and interview?
- How to approach Indian polity and Constitution? Relevance of M. Laxmikanth, India yearbook, the Hindu newspaper and Prsindia.org
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/d5jaw2EyfI8
- how to prepare Indian culture, ancient and mediaeval and modern India and world history?
- Importance of NIOS, Tamilnadu textbooks, Spectrum and Bipan Chandra.
- Why old NCERTs are not relevant except for World history?
- Analysis of MCQs asked from history and culture topic in UPSC 2015
- Approaching international relations (IR), diplomacy and diaspora topics for Mains. Analysis of the IR/grouping questions asked in Prelims-2015.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/a839lzLqiTs
- Why read thehindu newspaper for UPSC civil services IAS/IPS exam?
- Understanding the PMIF framework: Prelims, mains, interview or fodder?
- How to analyse the news on frontpage from prelims, mains and interview perspective?
- How to fasttrack page 2 to 7 which are littered with coaching ads and Delhi crime?
- How to fast track page 8 to 9 where hardly few centimeters of space is given to “The NATION”!
- Why read the columns, letters to editors and the editorials, and how to make notes out of them?
- Sample editorial – “All in the spirit of equality”- how to digest it for UPSC prelims, mains and interview perspective.
- How to eliminate useless news from the perspective pages i.e. page 11 and 12.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/iw9RRWjZ_eE
- How to read the economy, banking, finance pages in thehindu newspaper for UPSC point of view.
- Why it is useless to follow day to day sharemarket and IRDA-RBI-SEBI notifications?
- Why read the open page in Tuesday edition?
- Why ignore sports pages, except during high profile mains / interview related news?
- Sample news: Lodha Committee- how to prepare it for prelims, mains and interview.
- Why should we read last page about “Life”?
- How to follow the PIN- persons in news, dead in news, places in news, books, authors, awards and diaspora news in the hindu?
- Why Government advertisements are important?
- Why should we read the speeches of president and vice president?
- Few tips on magazines, notes making, time management, repeated failures and career backups
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/Ii-kDrIo8dM
|Pre+Mains||Culture||Ms. Ishani Pandya (AIR-502 | ICLS) Lecture & Powerpoints||Free|
|Pre+Mains||GS Theory||NIOS, NCERT, IGNOU & Tamilnadu State Books||Free|
|Pre+Mains||Economy||Mrunal’s Lecture & Powerpoints – Budget and Economic survey||Free|
|Mains||Economy||GSM3: Food Processing Industry||Free|
|Pre||General||Last 21 Years CSAT Prelims Topicwise Paperset by Disha Publication||Buy||Buy||Buy|
|Pre+Mains||Current Affairs||TheHindu, Frontline, Yojana Magazine, prsindia.org, idsa.in|
|Pre+Mains||Geography||Ms. Rajtanil Solanki (AIR-367 | IRS) lectures & Powerpoints||Free|
|Mains||Geography||GSM1: Factors affecting location of Industries||Free|
|Pre+Mains||Geography||School Atlas-Orient Blackswan||Buy|
|Pre||History||Lucent GK (for Ancient, Medieval, Modern)||Buy||Buy|
|Pre+Mains||History||A Brief History of Modern India by Rajiv Ahir (Spectrum Publication)||Buy||Buy|
|Pre+Mains||History||Bipan Chandra: India’s struggle for independence||Buy||Buy|
|Mains||History||Bipan Chandra: India since independence||Buy||Buy|
|Pre+Mains||Polity||India 2016 (Yearbook)||Buy||Buy|
|Pre+Mains||Polity||Indian Polity by M.Laxmikanth||Buy||Buy|
|Prelims||Polity||Laxmikanth’s Objective Polity MCQs for Practice||Buy|
|Mains||Polity||GSM3: Land Reforms||Free|
|Mains||Ethics||GS4: Articles and Lecture Videos @Mrunal.org||Free|