- DIY-P1: Beginning the Prelim cum Mains preparation
- DIY-P2: Approaching Science Tech, IT, Space, Defense
- DIY-P3: Approaching Environment, Agriculture, Geography, Economy & Polity
- DIY-P4: Approaching History, Culture, IR/Diplomacy
- DIY-P5: theHindu Reading from Frontpage to Editorial
- DIY-P6: theHindu: Reading from Economy to theEnd
- Recommended books to kick start UPSC prep
- Here starts my first lecture for the new year and new prelims- brief analysis of last year’s prelim-GS paper and how to read thehindu newspaper for UPSC?
- Often candidates outside Delhi, underestimate and neglect thehindu for preparation of their general studies and thereby hurting their own chances of getting good ranks in civil services exam.
- PowerPoint available at http://Mrunal.org/download
DIY-P1: Beginning the Prelim cum Mains preparation
- the difference between a UPSC lover and a UPSC killer
- the syllabus and analysis of general studies for preliminary and Mains examination
- how to approach science and technology for prelims cum Mains preparation
- overview of the MCQ asked from public health topic in UPSC 2015 preliminary exam
- how to cover the public health, pharmacy and medicine related News from the Hindu, for UPSC prelims and Mains
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/bJ87N_ZpFCo
DIY-P2: Approaching Science Tech, IT, Space, Defense
- within science and technology topic, how to approach information technology (IT), space and defense, agriculture inherently related topics from the Hindu newspaper
- how to prepare ISRO related topics for UPSC prelims, mains and interview
- how to meticulously prepare the defense innovation and joint exercises
- how to prepare the theoretical portion of science and technology from NCERTs and general studies manuals.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/d1P5RAn3JpM
DIY-P3: Approaching Environment, Agriculture, Geography, Economy & Polity
- Environment & Biodiversity: five subtypes of MCQ asked in UPSC 2015 Prelims
- Relevance of the Hindu newspaper preparation of environment for prelims and Mains
- Why read India yearbook?
- Why read NIOS and NCERTs for wildlife, flora, fauna and pollution related MCQs in UPSC prelims?
- How to approach physical, Indian and world geography for Prelims and Mains? How to cultivate map reading skills?
- How to approach economy, banking, finance for prelims, mains and interview?
- How to approach Indian polity and Constitution? Relevance of M. Laxmikanth, India yearbook, the Hindu newspaper and Prsindia.org
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/d5jaw2EyfI8
DIY-P4: Approaching History, Culture, IR/Diplomacy
- how to prepare Indian culture, ancient and mediaeval and modern India and world history?
- Importance of NIOS, Tamilnadu textbooks, Spectrum and Bipan Chandra.
- Why old NCERTs are not relevant except for World history?
- Analysis of MCQs asked from history and culture topic in UPSC 2015
- Approaching international relations (IR), diplomacy and diaspora topics for Mains. Analysis of the IR/grouping questions asked in Prelims-2015.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/a839lzLqiTs
DIY-P5: the Hindu Reading from Frontpage to Editorial
- Why read thehindu newspaper for UPSC civil services IAS/IPS exam?
- Understanding the PMIF framework: Prelims, mains, interview or fodder?
- How to analyse the news on frontpage from prelims, mains and interview perspective?
- How to fasttrack page 2 to 7 which are littered with coaching ads and Delhi crime?
- How to fast track page 8 to 9 where hardly few centimeters of space is given to “The NATION”!
- Why read the columns, letters to editors and the editorials, and how to make notes out of them?
- Sample editorial – “All in the spirit of equality”- how to digest it for UPSC prelims, mains and interview perspective.
- How to eliminate useless news from the perspective pages i.e. page 11 and 12.
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/iw9RRWjZ_eE
DIY-P6: theHindu: Reading from Economy to theEnd
- How to read the economy, banking, finance pages in thehindu newspaper for UPSC point of view.
- Why it is useless to follow day to day sharemarket and IRDA-RBI-SEBI notifications?
- Why read the open page in Tuesday edition?
- Why ignore sports pages, except during high profile mains / interview related news?
- Sample news: Lodha Committee- how to prepare it for prelims, mains and interview.
- Why should we read last page about “Life”?
- How to follow the PIN- persons in news, dead in news, places in news, books, authors, awards and diaspora news in the hindu?
- Why Government advertisements are important?
- Why should we read the speeches of president and vice president?
- Few tips on magazines, notes making, time management, repeated failures and career backups
Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/Ii-kDrIo8dM
Recommended books to kick start UPSC prep
|Pre+Mains||Culture||Ms. Ishani Pandya (AIR-502 | ICLS) Lecture & Powerpoints||Free|
|Pre+Mains||GS Theory||NIOS, NCERT, IGNOU & Tamilnadu State Books||Free|
|Pre+Mains||Economy||Mrunal’s Lecture & Powerpoints – Budget and Economic survey||Free|
|Mains||Economy||GSM3: Food Processing Industry||Free|
|Pre||General||Last 21 Years CSAT Prelims Topicwise Paperset by Disha Publication||Buy||Buy||Buy|
|Pre+Mains||Current Affairs||TheHindu, Frontline, Yojana Magazine, prsindia.org, idsa.in|
|Pre+Mains||Geography||Ms. Rajtanil Solanki (AIR-367 | IRS) lectures & Powerpoints||Free|
|Mains||Geography||GSM1: Factors affecting location of Industries||Free|
|Pre+Mains||Geography||School Atlas-Orient Blackswan||Buy|
|Pre||History||Lucent GK (for Ancient, Medieval, Modern)||Buy||Buy|
|Pre+Mains||History||A Brief History of Modern India by Rajiv Ahir (Spectrum Publication)||Buy||Buy|
|Pre+Mains||History||Bipan Chandra: India’s struggle for independence||Buy||Buy|
|Mains||History||Bipan Chandra: India since independence||Buy||Buy|
|Pre+Mains||Polity||India 2016 (Yearbook)||Buy||Buy|
|Pre+Mains||Polity||Indian Polity by M.Laxmikanth||Buy||Buy|
|Prelims||Polity||Laxmikanth’s Objective Polity MCQs for Practice||Buy|
|Mains||Polity||GSM3: Land Reforms||Free|
|Mains||Ethics||GS4: Articles and Lecture Videos @Mrunal.org||Free|
please upload the complete videos of history i.e. freedom struggle, medieval and ancient history.
also please upload the videos related to polity.
these videos are very useful for lakhs of student who cannot attend the classes
Thank you so much mrunal sir.
I want buy u lectores please tell me process sir
Sir,i very much like your help which you provode from this portal but the site is having a problem. As you article finishes and the colimn of more from this category starts it is not appearing totaly just a blue line then directly everything is pink and then print pdf fornat option that too on google chrome. Pls see to it
I think ishani madan’s lectures series on A&C is incomplete.
plz provide a video how to write a good and effective answer in mains
I am not able to find PPT link…
mrunal i am your fan ,, but i have better analysis of pre and mains
finally, the king is back
and what about times of india??
I’m devastated that these videos are only in Hindi. I know it’s probably a requirement in the offline class but I’ve lost a valuable source in Mrunal :(
Am vimal from Chennai, with much more expectation I opened the youtube link so that i can gain sme knowledge from your content… But I surprised to see the whole lecture in Hindi.Please consider the aspirants from south india too…
Thank you. :)
Sir pl update ssc cgl preparation strategy .
Mrunal sir, why u r confining ur lectures in hindi medium alone.. It’s appreciable that u target rural aspirants with hindi lectures but unfortunately all does not understand Hindi. Pls add subtitles at least.. When I read the heading of ur lecture I feel I got a golden egg but it’s of no use when I watch it.. Please do the needful..
Need ppt for the above post
mrunal sir,……… plzzzz aap jawab bhi diya karo sir……… GS Manual kiska achcha h…….. kis publication ka padu sira ye bata do
sir, ur geography lectures r too gud,,,,,,,,,,thnk u so mch fr providing such great help.sir plz guide for hw can i study for HISTORY for GS,,,,,,,,,,,,whether i prepare notes or i can only read from NCERT’S.
Sir i am preparing for UK FRO exam.. plz suggest the best study material especially for hindi paper… i need your guidance how to prepare for this exam. i will b highly obliged.
Mrunal sir please post a separate article/video on what to prepare from India Year Book 2016. It will be very helpful to all of us. Thanks in advance.
sir, please teach the classes in English. so that it will useful for students from non Hindi states……..thank you sir……
yes sir pls teach in english
very thankful to u
karthi. neenga tamil la comment pannunga. athan paliku pali vaangrathu :-D :-D
SIR aap great ho…we love u.
This is called real e-Revolution.
Mrual sir,are you going to upload your SPIPA lecture series of 2016??
MRUNAL SIR SSC KE LIYE BHI UPDATE KARE PLEASE
hi i am doing now diploma engineering and My desire to become an IAS officer and my age is 18 please give me some tips for civil service examination and i am a gujarati medium student.
Thank you sir
Sir please teach in English .I m from tanmilnadu
I m from Tamilnadu .pls teach us in English it will be very useful sir.
sir ……..next history lectures ……………plz