- Polity Topics
- Economy & infrastructure
- International relations, internal security
- Environment, Energy and Agriculture
- History and Culture
- Moral Disclaimers
- Anti-Hindu rants
- EX-Cji as Kerala governor- pros and cons
- Doctrine of Postponement
- Lawyer databank to select judges
- SC 2013 rules on Death convicts
- Urdu as 2nd official language
- Mizoram permits DESI liquor
- Kerala wants to ban DESI Liquor
- IPS training academy bans DESI liquor
- Tribal insurgency in pre and post-independent India
- Love Jihad
- UGC vs IIT controversy
- Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- President speech on teachers day
- PM Modi’s speech on teacher’s day
- HRD minister’s speech
- Pahari Job quota bill: 5% reservation in J&K. problem- difficult to identify beneficiaries, Pahari want ST status. bill passed on last day without discussion. (that’s all, doesn’t deserve separate article).
- Telangana wants 50% from central taxes
- EVM totalizer update (nothing much- SC just asked question why not do it?)
- Love Jihad
- Nirbhaya Centres
- Delimitation in Telengana and Andhra Pradesh
- 100 days of M.H.A
- Christian women property law- need for reforms.
- Archaic citizenship laws
- Pathariya system and migrant labor exploitation.
- Ethics Committee
- Why non-bureaucrats not considered for cvc job? (asked SC, but not writing any article till final verdict comes).
- Making Indian courts rape victim friendly.
- Rajasthan Ratifies JAC bill
- SC: release undertrial prisoners (not writing any article till dust settles.)
- Not every PIL deserves mandamus.
- RTI applicant must tell reasons.
- (EPW) Quotas under RTE not helping the poor
(not important): AAP won’t fight Haryana election; UP will open Nirbhaya centres, BJP low performance in byelections
- Combating child marriage.
- Widows of vrindavan
- Fraudsters can’t do out of court settlement
- SC guideline on fake encounters
- Right to be atheist
- Electronic evidences have to be authenticated first.
- Tax tribunals unconstitutional.
- Paid news in election.
- Jaylalitha DA case.
- VP speech on inequality.
- SC ordered UGC to conduct fresh verification of deemed univ. (dead horse topic, doesn’t deserve article at the moment.)
- HL Dattu becomes CJI. (doesn’t deserve an article)
- Sports Bill to be introduced in Winter session of Parliament- fixing age limits of NSF chiefs, RTI accountability etc. (nothing now, let the bill come).
- Higher Education and Research Bill, 2011 – wanted to subsume variety of edu.bodies, was pending in RS, Union withdrew it. hence no longer important until new bill comes.
Economy & infrastructure
- E1: Wilful defaulter?
- E2: Coinage Act & right to issue Rs.1 note
- E3: Gold account scheme
- E4: MNREGA: Sweeping changes
- E5: MPLADS & toilet building
- E7: PDS Reforms: Lessons from Delhi
- E8: Commerce Ministry on IPR and FDI
- E9: Global competiveness index 2014
- E10: MSME speech: fodder material
- E11: BSNL, MTNL merger
- E12: India’s Sovereign rating
- BRICS Bank, IMF Governance Reforms
- Minor Bank Accounts, SBI’s Pahali Udaan, Pahala Kadam, Kotak My Junior Account
- Committee on unclaimed PPF-just one line- RBI Dy.Governor HR Khan will head it, this Committee will decide how to us unclaimed money from PPF/small savings for benefit of elderly. More details when the report is published.
- Revamping planning commission –deserves separate article when dust settles down.
- North East telecom infra
- No frill airports
- Dharavi slums
- Swatch vidhyalay
- Rajasthan sanitation
- ICICI: Cashless withdrawl
- GDP measurement reform
- Fasttrack DIPP
- UID phase 5
- No Dumping duty on solar panel
- EPFO problems
- Disinvestment ONGC, CIL
- 52% shareholding in banks
- SECC problem
- ATF reforms
- Road safety bill
- 100 days of HRD ministry
- 100 days of IT-telecom ministry.
- Rajasthan-land acquisition
- Textile industry of india
- HDFC green pin
- Promoting inland waterways.
- Bank unions against small banks
- Banning meat export.
- Capital goods sector scheme
- New aviation policy soon. (only after it comes)
- SEBI discussion paper on FPO norms (only after it is implemented).
- New gas pricing formula-panel gives report.
- RBI : equity FDI
- RBI finds faults in Jan Dhan + Frontline mirage of inclusion
- cleanliness index (yet to come)
- Real estate regulation bill
- UAN, LIN
- RSC vs PSC- which way for energy exploration
- Scaling up Gujarat model. (hardly a few lines)
- MNREGA only for backward districts. (combined with SepW1 MNREGA reform)
- USFD railway track security
- Corporate tax inversion (only definition, not more).
- RBI Gopalkrishna panel.
- Government to revive 5 PSU and close down 6
- Make in India
- Made in China
- Monetary policy 30th sep (no changes though)
- Sagarmala project
- Dindayal Antyodaya yojana
- New guaranteed minimum pension scheme (nothing new- 1000 rs. Minimum pension in EPFO-1995. Earlier just 650) (that’s it- doesn’t deserve article).
- Aircel maxis deal ball by ball commentary.
- Bibek Debroy Committee to restructure railways (not right now, wait for final report)
- ICICI minor account “smart star” (not important)
- SBI share split (not important)
- S&P gives stable outlook to India (doesn’t deserve article at the moment)
- Government to review skill Development policy 2009- article only when its released.
International relations, internal security
- Modi Japan visit + Frontline article on it (separate article only after America visit is over- because then a better comparative revision table can be prepared)
- Aus.(same as above.)
- Kashmiri Pandit rehab (later because ball by ball commentary)
- India-ASEAN FTA in services
- D1: Defense FDI reformed
- D2: Defense Procurement:
- D3: India-Nepal agreements during Modi visit
- D4: Power Trade agreement (PTA) with Nepal
- D5: Nalanda University
- D6: APF: Human rights conference 2014
- D7: Border security Management: Gujarat
- D8: Letting states have foreign relations
- SCO summit
- UNSECO & International literacy day
- International Literacy day
- Al-Qaeda thread to India: should we worry?
- Vice President speech: ‘Europe and Emerging Asia’
- VP speech: India-Iran
- China- Tibetan leverage, Doval visit. Xi’s visit (Later separate article when Modi done US visit so comparative revision tables can be prepared.)
- Using Whatsapp tackles crime (later separate article on using social media for effective governance and policing).
- Obama 9/11 speech- mainly directed against ISIL. Will incorporate fodder in a separate article against ISIL later.
- German minister’s visit (hardly anything)
- SC nodal officer for piracy
- Pranab goes to Vietnam (thankfully not many pacts)
- New President in Afghanistan.
- (Internal) Maoist surrender
- Nalanda univ. inaugurated (but will combine it into SepW2)
- China asks maldives to join MSR; Xi Srilanka visit; Xi comes to India (entire thing deserves a separate article but after Modi is done visiting USA – because they larger picture and better revision table can emerge)
- Iran- Chahbahar to be notified soon. (Basics already done in old article, so new coverage only after Government notifies).
- Scotland will not be separated (doesn’t have direct relation to new Mains syllabus. hence not in my priority)
- Rajnath goes to Nepal (not Much important)
- G20 finmin summit at Cairns
- UNHRC and India’s re-election
- Internal security -using e-Gov. to trace foreign students.
- World food program
- Global arms trade treaty
- Baamiyan, Afghanistan: SAARC Cultural capital
- India-Bangla rail connectivity
- Coastal security Management: Kerala
- UN Speeches: Modi, Obama; Modi reform for OCI-PIO (All part of US-China-Japan combined revision series)
- Indian diaspora in USA, Japan, China, Australia (separate article later).
- Should India join fight against ISIS – later in separate ISIL article.
- Government preparing new policy on kashmir (article when they release)
- Unrest in hongkong (not in priority because such topics are out of mains-syllabus after 2013)
- Catalonia seeking independence from Spain. ignored for same reason cited above.
Environment, Energy and Agriculture
- E1: Green Law panel
- E2: Fast track initiatives: Environment ministry
- E3: Fast track environment = dangerous
- E4: RAPS-5
- E5: Mangroves variety change in Sundarbans
- E6: Gold Ore Tailing
- E7: Neera Sap
- E8: Fast track initiatives: Agriculture ministry
- E9: 19th Livestock census
- Coal block – later deserve separate article when ball by ball commentary stops.
- J&K floods. (same as above)
- Elephant Killer trains
- House sparrow Population decline
- Indo Pacific Hump-Backed Dolphins
- Wild Chinese Sturgeons
- Deaths from Snake bites
- Langurs are multiple species
- Ozone layer recovering thanks to Montreal
- Ministry of Earth Science: 100 days
- Suggested Rabi crop reforms by Agro ministry
- New hybrids: Tea and Banana
- Ganga cleaning (separate article when ball by ball commentary stop)
- E-rickshaws- when Government releases guidelines
- Old climate change formula is wrong.
- Barmer block, Cairn India
- Pusa hydrogel
- Greenfield projects=urban heat-islands
- Tea clones.
- Hydropone and carbonlite pots.
- African giant snail.
- Biodiversity informatics
- Health ministry on noise pollution
- Kerala wants Union to declare lightening as natural calamity so victims can get compensation.asked 14th FC the same. (doesn’t deserve article because I already told the points here)
- Some more agro schemes- (will combine with SepW1 when dust settle. this people are releasing new scheme every day via PIB.)
- Kamdehnu breeding centres, cloning Murrah bulls (Same as above)
- Quadricycles in Delhi (not right now, let Government/court decide).
- China to cut carbon intensity by 2020 (although hardly few lines of fodder)
- Seed sovereignty
- Nilgiri tahr (Mountain goat)
- Invasive species: Senna Spectabilis
- CSR for wildlife corridors
- India @UN climate summit 2014
- Pacific Remote Islands Marine National Monument
- Amur Falcon
- Lyncodon Odishi
- Revamping NDMA
- SC forms 5 member panel to asses Jammu and Kashmir flood damage (not important because names not announced yet and report yet to publish)
- UP bans diclofenac. (Vulture -diclo already covered in old article, hence nothing new.)
SepW1: Public health special
- H1: Ebola virus outbreak
- H2: Kala Azar-revised strategy
- H3: Cavilon for Boxers
- H4: Free Rotavirus vaccine
- H5: Sickle Cell Anemia
- H6: XDR-TB
- H7: TB: Email + Survey
- H8: BRCA genes Patented in Australia
- H9: Eye donation
- H10: NOTTO
- H11: Misc. Developments
- LASIK (sent to W3)
- Genetic engineering (sent to W3)
- Sniffer dog molecule (send to W3)
- CATS,GEDI, LAM, 3D printer in space (later in space compilation)
- GSAT6 (same as above)
- Sapphire glass (sent to W4)
SepW3 again public health
- Ayush mission
- RBSK, WIFS
- Hepatitis license
- Infant mortality and how to prevent it
- Tribal health problems
- Harmful food chemicals
- Sharvan implant
- Newborn action plan
- National nutrition mission
- Problems in NRHM
- NHRC sends notice to Government why shortage of anti-HIV drugs? Ignore for now, imp but someday in a bigger picture
- UNMEER for Ebola (later I’ll update it in the SepW1 when ball by ball commentary stops)
- Neutrino observatory (later in space compilation)
- Aircraft Dakota, naval ships with stealth features (later in a defense compilation).
- Mars mission (done already)
- Synthetic biology
- GSLV Mk3
- Shell BASH bug
- Facebook internet drones
- India will fail in MDG maternal death targets
- Harsha-wisdom on eliminating various diseases
- Terrestrial Observation and Predicting System (TOPS)
- e-toilets in schools
History and Culture
- Ayyankali (1863-1941)
- Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar (1891-1956)
- Bidriware Metal craft
- Racial Hatred: Bezbaruah Commission for North Eastern People
- Stamps of 8 musicians
- Nehru 125 (later deserves separate article.)
Ayyankali (covered along with W1)
- Hyderabad liberation day+ related Frontline book review
- Gorta village and Op.Polo
- Shuddhi sabha and tanzim.
- Sadar vs 370 (let frontline come up with article)
- Lalitkala academy 60 years of
- Tulu language and Tulu Paaddanas
- Thugs in British India
- Koti lingala
- Wesak festival
- Mysore Dasara
- Maharaja Nandakumar
- Komagata Maru Incident
- Railway- 6 pilgrim tourist packages (although not much important- too much data)
Q1. What is the purpose of listing these topics? You have not written any content about them!
Ans. those are the topics from Hindu, Indian express, PIB, frontline, EPW, which I consider important for the prelims and mains. I’ll be covering them in future articles under [Current] Series.
Q2. Will you finish all these topics in your articles?
Ans. No. Unlike Salman Khan, I make no “commitment” of delivering anything on deadlines. Same reason, I don’t sell any of my stuff for Rs.7500, 9500, 11000, 45000 or 95000.
Q3. then why have you listed these topics?
Ans. To help the serious players crosscheck and update their notes accordingly. And to alert those who are still fighting with eachother over cutoffs- that much water has passed, and it’s time to get back to business.
Q4. XYZ topic was in news but you’ve not included it here.
Ans. True, for example, Government made it compulsory for scientists to teach a few hours in schools Or the Hindi Diwas and Rajbhasha awards and truckload of other topics- it depends on my interpretation of their Cost: Benefit.
Q5. What about [Current] June to August?
Ans. will try to cover only the important topics from that era. Right now Modi is in full swing- be it IR, economy or schemes. Therefore, September is first priority.
Q6. You should write neutral articles. Your pro-Modi, pro-right wing, pro-free market articles are hurting my eyes.
Ans. I write the way I enjoy writing. A civil service aspirant should be mature enough to wade through such content and extract points useful for him.
[accordion] [accordion_item title=”Anti Hindu Rants”]
Pros and Cons of CSAT
With respect to Hindu column: Pros and Cons of CSAT:
- What is the point of publishing that article at this time, when everyone has ‘moved on’ with their life?
- Writer has given the most absurd idea “bring optionals back in the prelim stage”. If anyone will benefit from such move- coaching walla and book publishers; but not the aspirants.
I can think of only three ‘rational’ reasons why Hindu published that CSAT article:
- to keep the controversy and protests alive OR
- to get more web-traffic for their site (just like the other Hindi newspaper did with stirring up the age-reduction rumor again) OR
- Hindu’s is not getting enough ad-contracts these days hence they filled up space with such ‘pending’ articles which were originally submitted back in July-August when CSAT controversy was at peak.
TheHindu should be renamed into NASA-DINO-CANCER-HinduTM because:
- Almost every week, atleast one new dinosaur is discovered for example:
- 12th Sep: an “alien” like dinosaur which has mouth like crocodile and legs like a duck.
- 14th Sep: Scientists found an actual dinosaur who resembles that flying creature in “AVATAR” called IKRAN.
- Hindu has taken franchise from NASA- to publish ball by ball daily commentary on everything. I bet even American newspapers are not so obsessed with NASA.
- Xyz fruit/vegetable has anti-cancer molecules. I’ve read this line for the 10,000th time in Hindu. Seems Hindu editor’s workflow is “whenever we don’t have sufficient ad contracts, simply fill-up page with veggi-cancer-news-template”.
- “Better understanding of ____ diseases is needed“. I’ve read this headline for the 1000th time in Hindu. So, according to them, if better understanding of every diseases is needed then why don’t you simply publish a book/DVD and distribute it free of cost to everybody?
Pythons are venomous, nope?
- God can bleed and except General Dong, everyone else can be wrong- because I found an error inTheHindu article: “pythons suffer a bad stomach if they feed on a dead animal because their deadly (and also digestion-aiding) venom requires blood circulation to take full effect.”
- This is wrong because pythons are non-venomous. Ref: truckload of google books.
Only freshers need calcium?
Fresh at college? ensure proper calcium intake
- Means only fresher’s need calcium, so seniors don’t need calcium?
- What about students joining polytechnic, ITI, diploma or IGNOU’s distance education courses- they don’t need calcium?
I’m worried because some ChirkootTM type UPSC players take TheHindu too seriously. So they might interpret it in above manner, and will give wrong nutritional advice to their juniors and siblings.
Sardar is back
- Amit Shah says Sardar would have saved us from 370/Kashmir problem.
- Last year too Modi made statement about Sardar being ‘wrongly portrayed as communal / mistreated by Congis’.
- Then both Hindu and frontline kept writing dozens of articles and UPSC aspirants had to prepare it as the most important topic for mains and interview 2013.
- Seems the history will repeat for 2014 too- “Sardar vs 370”. let’s see if next frontline issue covers it.
Lucky Richard Rahul
Obama intends to nominate Richard Rahul Verma as US Ambassador to India. This Indian-American man served in US Airforce and later practiced as a lawyer in a private firm.
Lucky chap, He didnot have to face stupid UPSC to join Indian Foreign Service. And even luckier because he didn’t have to spent mornings reading TheHindu.
Poor DD daily wager
- A newsreader of Doordarshan News has been sacked as she pronounced the name of Chinese President Xi Jinping as Eleventh Jinping, mistaking the Xi as roman numeral XI.
- But she was a casual/daily wage worker hence DD quickly removed her. If she was a fulltime sarkaari employee newreader- then disciplinary inquiry would have gone for next 20 years.
- Pistorius can be allowed to represent S.Africa in next Olympics IF judge suspends his prison term- says their Olympic Committee. In other words, killing girlfriend is ok, as long as you’re a celebrity in S.Africa. Seems S.Africa is more bakwaas desh than I had earlier thought. And I fail to understand-why is Pistorius trial given so much daily coverage by both Hindu and Indian express?
- Hindu says “Aalishan Pakistan” expo in Delhi evokes mixed response. Well isn’t that obvious? How Pakistan can be ‘aalishan’?- even a KG-kid knows this is bogus marketing propaganda therefore unlikely to visit such expo.
- You tell two people have died in bomb blast and then immediacy show to a commercial- this is both sad and funny. The hard fact is that media-news is only about making money. (Some Paki hero said this in Hindu Interview.)
- Damn it, Malluperiyar back in news- I’m dead tired of this stupid topic. Anyways, thankfully nothing new- just that panel visited the site.
- Just when I thought gas-pricing had become a dead topic- another panel submits report. then another column on production sharing contract.#never-ending-struggle-continues.
After thought: By default, I disagree with anything theHindu columnists have to say, even without reading it-except when they criticize Bollywood movies in reviews.
THANKS RICHA , BUT IS THERE ANY OTHER METHOD TO SUBSCRIBE HARD COPIES OF THIS NEWS PAPER ?
I dont know about other method.. You should probably contact newpaper vendor in you area.. U vil surely get it..
Thank u sir…..please list the topics fom June to August
Mrunal sir!listing all the high cost benefit topics of current affairs rather than trying to spoon feed all of them is very great initiative …..its better than spoon feed…in this it wil be of great help..
superb compilation sir…pls pls pls continue this 4 current affairs…thnks a tonne!!!!
thank u so much mrunal sir. this is the best apprOach…
Yes Sir, it will be very useful if you can post current affairs of August.
Sir, I only read The Hindu. Do I need to read Indian Express also.
Indianexpress- Rajamohan’s column should be read for IR material.
Dear Mrunal Sir,
Thanks for your effort, you are doing a great work by helping us.
But I didn`t find some topics that I think must be covered.Here are those-
1. The GOD particle or the devil particle?
2. Japan first to implant iPS stem cell
3. International ties with China, Australia and Japan.
4. Supreme court decision on Transgenders.
5. Fight against IS.
6. Scottland`s decision to separate from England.
So, please enlighten your comments on these.
god-particle- dead horse- I don’t consider it important for mains.
SC on Transgender- already covered in previous [current]. the only new update it that Government wants some review of that decision.
Fight against IS and Scottland`s decision to separate from England= those are in news since August and even before that. deserve separate article but only when some dust settles. otherwise daily ball by ball commentary.
Thank u sir , for updating this article ,but one problem sir this topic I did’ t read . so I requsted to u sir please can u update this nice topic.
Excellent work done Mrunal sir!!!
Please don’t waste your precious time in copy pasting articles from pib and thehindu instead give us analysis on topics for which material is hard to dig and teach us how correspond different topics.
Kindly keep uploading such lists for the coming weeks also.
Realy your doing very good service to all aspirants.
sir app kaunsa software use karte ho pictures banane ke liye. it will be helpful for us while making notes.
Helps a lot…..found a few topics I missed making notes of. You should do it every fortnight.
Can Any one throw some light of Hybrid Banana’s why it is in news in recent past?
Sir I am unable to download the pdf file..even though I used Google Chrome. ?.I am using tab..
Hw should I download the pdf file. ?.
Definitely hoping to get mid july and August current material.. atleast issue list.. missed many of them due to prelims.. genuine request
GREAT WORK SIR, please continue doing this
sir, please let me know that whether your science and tech articles are relevant for IAS 2015 or not?
Holy shit … 127 Topics in 2 week. Almost twice of what I collected in same period.
Guess I need to pull up lot more socks into the preparation. With all the static part we have to go through in initial stages, its getting challenging…
127 TOPICS IN 2 WEEKS.WHAT ABOUT STATIC PORTIONS.PLEASE DO NOT RIDICULE COACHING CENTERS AS THEY PROVIDE NOTES IN TIME.
You are getting it for free dude. Mrunal isn’t your servant. So go copulate your with self.
Mrunal bhai. Thank you for the great job.
KRISHNA BHAI,I NEVER CALLED HIM MY SERVENT.YOU ARE CORRECT AS ONE SHOULD NOT COUNT THE TEETH OF A COW GIVEN TO YOU IN CHARITY.I NEVER DEGRADED MRUNAL OR DID NOT TAKE THE CREDIT AWAY FROM HIM FOR HIS GOOD WORK.MY ONLY WISH IS MRUNAL TO BE CONSISTENT.THIS IS MOST USER FRIENDLY SITE FOR ASPIRANTS.GUESS MRUNAL IS BURDENED WITH SO MANY EXAMS SSC,CAPF,UPSC,ACIO,RAS,IBPS,STATE PSC ETC.
It is not TEETH ……… It is about EAR …………
The proverb is DAAN KI BACHIYA (Young One) KE KAAN NAHI DEKHE JAAE…….
arey bhai instead of criticising MRUNAL sir…..do preparation on your own…..y r u wasting your time by opening this site……..He is doing his best dont blame him……now a days who wil don this type of free service……
OH KRISHNA BHAI,FORGOT I HUMBLY REQUEST YOU TO PLEASE DO YOURSELF FIRST THAT THING YOU ASKED ME TO DO.THANK YOU.MAY GOD BLESS YOU.
I do not totally agree with rishi.k but somewhere I also believe that Mrunal bhai goes for overkill……..losing out on specificity and relevance.
matter provided by mrunal sir really helps us in our preparation . it is presented in a properly classified manner. it saves our time . one can read n learn simultaneously 4m d site.
friends , first try to understand sir effort . no complaints please
Krishna…tu toh upsc rehne de….tujhse na ho paega re….
Kyu usse kyu nhi ho payega. Aankhir Kya galat bola usne.
Is somebody forcing you to use this website and not coaching classes notes ?
Please make some efforts on your part also, nahi toh kaho toh Mrunal hi tumhare liye UPSC ka exam bhi likh de ?
i know if i said this most people would tell me lsd’s comment.i am saying this due to my own experience.i came across mrunal’s site before 2013.i had ordered correspondence notes before that.i was impessed by mrunal’s style and anticoaching arguements.i began to read all articles and took print outs.it cost me a fortune.here per page 3 rs if in bulk Then re 2.i thought of buying a printer.i cleared prelims and did not avail any correspondence notes was reading this blog and a magazine.mrunal started history articles in his style and was not able to complete those.only thing which can be said to be complete were geo and food processing.IT IS MY FAULT THAT I PUT WHOLE OF MY EGGS IN ONE BASKET. HE DID NOT UPDATE POLITY,SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY,ENVIRNMENT,YEAR BOOK ARTICLES.HEAVY EMPHASIS WERE GIVEN ONLY TO ECONOMY AS CAN BE SEEN IN THIS YEAR’S ECONOMIC SURVEY WHICH WAS POSTED EVEN 2 DAYS BEFORE PRELIMS. ANSWER KEYS OF OTHER UPSC EXAMS ARE STILL PENDING.NOW THIS YEAR I WAS IMPRESSED BY PIB ARTICLES AND DECIDED THAT I WILL BY A PRNTER.BOUGHT ONE,NOW PIB ARTICLES FROM MAY HALF TO AUG ARE MISSING.AND HE HIMSELF SAID THAT HE WILL NOT PROMISE THAT THESE WILL BE COVERED IN TIME.I HAD RECOMMENDED THIS SITE TO SOME OF MY FRIENDS NOW THEY ALSO SHARE MY FEELINGS.IF I HAD BOUGHT SOME REPUTED CORRESPONDENCE MATERIAL THEY WOULD COVER ESSENTIAL CURRENT PART AND ALL STATIC PORTIONS WITHIN A STIPULATED TIME AND IT WILL BE IN HARD COPY.REMEMBER I HAVE NO LEGAL RIGHTS TO COMPLAIN AS NOBODY FORCED ME TO REFER THIS SIGHT OR CHARGED MONEY FROM ME.STILL THE EXPERIENCE HURT.MY MISTAKE WAS THAT I FULLY RELIED ON THIS SITE.IT WAS MY STUPIDITY AND I AM NOT POINTING FINGERS AT ANY ONE, JUST SHARING MY EXPERIENCE HERE. i was appearing for ssc also for that also i fully relied on this site.last 2 years this site showed a link to kiran prakashans previous year solved paper sets.the book was always out of stock .now last sunday ie sept 14 i simply searched kiran prakashans site and i found that all subjects previous year chapter wise solved papers were available.all these 2 years i only went to mrunal’s link.it is not a mistake on mrunal’s part.me STUPID SHOULD HAVE EARLIER LOOKED FOR THOSE.ALL THESE TIME I HAD ENQUIRED IN OUR PLACE’S BOOK SHOPS AND COULD NOT FIND KIRAN PRAKASHAN ‘S QPS.MY FAULT WAS THAT I THOUGHT THAT THEY ARE NOT HAVING ONLINE SELLING FACILITY SO LINK WAS GIVEN IN MRUNAL’S SITE.wise people in this blog has already told to use this blog as a supplementary material and not as the main material for prepration.BUT THE STUPID,IDIOT ME DID THE OPPOSITE.in my view correspondence or factory material have a positive quality as far as current topics are concerned.they can save time so that we can cover static portions more.last year gs for mains had pure current affairs about 180 marks.it means that 820 marks were from static portions.so please tell what is cost to befit ratio of doing hindu,indian Express,cst,epw, MINISTRYwebsites, PIB,,economic survey,year book and plan documents,BY THE WAY MAINS 2013 ANSWER KEYS ARE STILL PENDING.
Mr Rishi, had u gone through the website in its entirety, u might have noticed that Mr Mrunal has suggested a booklist. This has been done with a purpose.
Mrunal.org supplements the content of the books and presents important topics in a lucid manner.
Over reliance is not right. NCERTs and other essential readings have to be thoroughly read.
But this website provides an essential tool to enrich and upgrade our knowledge and equips you with enough confidence to face UPSC
All the best!!!!
whoa whoa whoa!!! dude….u r getting a little bit emotional here… mrunal is just a supplement. u cant rely on him entirely. even he says so. who asked u to put all your eggs in one basket???? sab kuch paka-pakaya chahiye kya??????
even if u read the toppers interviews, you will realize what u r missing and what i want to say.
you are right.it was my fault of relying on him entirely.moreover some of the strategies given here also does not apply to all aspirants.especially those who have a job to attend.one should be judicious enough to choose what works for him best.FOR SOME STUDYING STD BOOKS,MAKING NOTES,READING NEWSPAPERS,MAGAZINES et all can give desired result.for some cooked food or FACTORY MATERIAL WORKS BEST.IT IS UPTO ONE’S INTELLIGENCE TO FIND OUT THAT.FRANKLY I PROVED TO BE AN IMBECILE.
hey dude plz dont blame him…he is a noble man and doing a great job..dont deter his noble intention by criticizing him…he is guiding excellently and whatever is left behind do it by urself…
hi rishi, ye problems new student ko aati hai. jo tarika aapko comfort de use hi follow karen..ye problems tab bhi aate hai jab kisi coaching pr totaly rely karte hain….actualy u should forget the past…it’s good for ur prepration..aapki jagah koi bhi hota…may be isi tarah sochta..so just forget about comments nd all this…relying only yourself..
@ RIshi et all:
I am impressed by the fact that mrunal.org allows publication of comments critising it and its methods though it may adversely affect its readership. By the way this is the toughest exam and only the folks who apply their mind in optimally utilising their time (and money) will come through. Every body has same time at hand as the gentleman (or lady) who will get AIR -1 in 2015.
Mrunal you n ever tired?????????????????????????????????????
Mrunal don’t stop listing the topics and please also try to list topics from June to August.it will help all the mains players.
Mrunal sir. In this year( 06 Aug 2014) completed 100 yrs for 1st world war . So its necessary to prepare mains exam .(1st ww topic )
Please Share Important and Expected Content (Only topics) for the preparation of IBPS-PO specifically for General Awareness Section.
Stop acting like a Modi-Bhakta………try to remail neutral. Suits you better.
Try being more focused. Your topic list has turned voluminous.You must understand that you are working with a team and an aspirant is a loner. I suggest you start grading the topics………like high-priority, normal-priority, low-priority. It makes the whole process much easier as we can go as per out time and capacity. It seems you have run out of ideas to keep your website going. You are doing no better job than jhola-chhap magazine wala by putting everything on your website. You are scaring the hell out of a student. So much of material…..so many topics. Do not go for the over kill……………precision is must in preparation.
@abhisekh…yu moron..why dont yu try studin urslf instead f criticizing mrunal… if yu r sch a pussy dt u gt scared so easily..dn dnt evr try upsc.. go fr odr bnk xams
@ the great
Oye sadakchhap ‘the great’……………naam rakhane se koi great nahi ban jata………main insan hu aur ansano ke capacity ke hisab se hi bat kar rha hu. Tere samjh me aye to thik warna chup baith.
Teri yaahan par koi jarurat nahi hai !!!!!!! Mrunal.org se preparation aur help leni hai toh le warna bhag yahan se .
Aur rhi baat teri suggestion ki toh unko request ki tarah post kr , criticize mat kr. Tu yahan par 4-5 lakh ki bheed ka ek hissa hai , teri koi value nahi hai jab tak tu select nahi ho jata top rank se , aur agar itna hi shoq hai crticize krne ka toh phle top kr phir toppers ki tarah noble work kr blog ya website bnake like Shri Gaurav Aggarwal , Shri Roman Saini , Shri Prabhjyot Singh etc.
Not waiting /available for further discussing with you. Bye Bye
completely agree with you.but fans of mrunal will not agree.we should not say anything against mrunal. NOBODY IS COMPELLING US TO USE THIS SITE NOR ANYBODY IS CHARGING MONEY. mrunal is doing great job which reaches us free of cost.so we should be silent in such matters otherwise fans will tear us apart.
no, its good to critise….without critisism/ debate you end up like congress party.
Kya chacha tum bhi…..
Jitne questions is site se pre me is Saal (2014) me aaye hai, itne aur kahin se nhi aaye hai. Phir bhi khush hone ke badle gaali de rahe ho.
Ab kya chahte ho ki koi site pura question paper upload kar de aur wo bhi mains se 30 din Pehle taki aapko answer writing ki bhi acchi practise karne ka time mil jaye.
Abhishek lagta hai tum koi coaching wale ho…
Aur tumhari Coaching ka banta dhaar ho gaya hai….
Go and troll somewhere else…
Good one Nikhil …
when every body is debtaing the lines that appear , u had the ability to read BETWEEN the lines . I am reasonable sure what u say is the case ;)…
Friends as per your conversations I conclude that most of the candidates are preparing for current affairs for Civils Services Exam point of view but does this level of current affairs have its utility in SSB interviews IOs(interview rounds),GD(Group Disscusions) and Lecturettes in equal aspect seeing the Mrunal Sir vastness on these current affairs topics.But I really thanks him for his commendable effort of developing such student friendly and comprehensive material to study from havy papers like The Guardian and Hindu.I also equally appreciate the readers active participation in comments section for discussion over some more sort out topics with equal deducation and cooperation in solving peers academic problems during preparation.My Best wishes to all of you friends and a great salute to Mrunal Sir
Thanks for giving the topiclist of current affairs. I think if you keep doing it in future also that would be great help for people like me who are prepairing for 2015. Your topiclist has given new insights on how to approach newspaper. Thanks again!
great work sir.thanx.