Election, Representation of People’s Act
Judgement & Judiciary Related
Bills and Laws: Salient Features, Analysis, Criticism
Land Reforms for Mains GS1
Weighage in CSAT-2014: Paper-1 (Not part of Syllabus)
Weighage Mains-2013: GS-1
Internal Security & Police reforms
How to prepare Indian Polity & Constitution?
Weighage in CSAT-2014: Paper-1
Weighage Mains-2013: GS-2
- Polity means Indian Constitution and allied topics. You’ll encounter these MCQs in UPSC exams, Staff Selection and State service Class1, Class2, subordinate services, ACIO, EPFO and certain central PSU jobs.
- Polity can be classified into two parts: Static theory vs. Current Affairs
|Recommended book||Recommended book|
9/11 Polity MCQs in CSAT-2014 could be solved from this book alone! highly recommend for UPSC Prelims, Mains, CAPF, CDS; SSC T1, BPSC & other statePSCs
उसी अंग्रेजी किताब का हिंदी संस्करण. भारतीय राज्यव्यवस्था एवम संविधान का त्वरित रिवीजन. UPSC-प्रारंभिक एवं मुख्य परीक्षा, CAPF, CDS, SSC-Tier1, BPSC, एवं राज्य सेवाओ के लिए
Lucent’s| General Knowledge
Ready revision tables for History, Geography, Science, Polity, Economy, Sports & Computers. Useful for SSC Tier1, ACIO, BPSC & State services
ल्युसंट| सामान्य ज्ञान
उसी अंग्रेजी किताब का हिंदी संस्करण. इतिहास, भूगोल, राज्यव्यवस्था, विज्ञानं, खेल व् कम्प्यूटर SSC-Tier1, ACIO, BPSC एवं राज्य सेवाओ के लिए उपयुक्त. मनोरमा इयरबुक से बेहतर.
PS: Polity Topic hardly comes in IBPS, Banking sector exams so don’t bother much in that case.
To get strong grip over Indian Constitution, you must do Parallel study: e.g. once you read Parliament, immediately read state legislative assembly chapter. Similarly
|union related||then immediately read state related|
This type of reading / revision habit ensures UPSC cannot confuse you in tricky MCQs by interchanging state’s provisions with union provision and vice versa.
- FR, FD, DPSP. Provisions applicable to Aliens, NRIs, PIOs
- Amendment, 5th & 6th schedule areas, 370
- Finance commission => Planning Commission =>NDC
- Bodies: Statutory vs Constitutional vs executive: their structure, functions. You’ll find some in the India Yearbook (eg. NALSA, Wakf board), some in prsindia.org (Equal opportunities commission, unified financial agency) and so on.
- Since these bodies will also hurt @Mains level, you should prepare a ready revision note.
Additional static content:
(only for UPSC CSAT IAS / IPS exam)
- NCERT political science- particularly for definition and concepts. what are the characters of democracy or hegemony? Mine or yours interpretation 7is irreverent in MCQ, whatever definition statements are given in NCERT = they’re correct for UPSC.
- Selective reading Parliament Handbook click me. for some tricky MCQs related to speaker/dy.speaker, motions, Committees etc.
- India Yearbook Chapter 2 and 3. (Although ministries and departments will change once Modi takes over. but other static like parliamentary Committees, NALSA etc. will remain one and same.)
- Since this was an election year, most magazines and coaching material will be focusing on election related current affairs. It is standard procedure, should be done.
- But don’t waste time mugging up trivial GK like which Constituency pulled highest vote etc. otherwise remaining three months will be spent only covering election.
- Focus: facts, features, principles. e.g. VVPAT, why Voting totalizer machine needed, how does voters ink work, what are the deposits, when is deposit attached and so on.
- Similarly, Hindu is giving ball by ball commentary on separation of Andhra – this Committee visited, that organization proposed xyz = again core facts/ features only.
- Bills, Act: PRSindia.org
- recent judgments like Transgender rights etc under Mrunal.org/Polity
Answerkeys with Explaination for Indian Polity
- UPSC Prelims CSAT 2014 Polity Section
- CDS I 2014 Polity Section
- CDS II 2013 Polity section
- CAPF-2013: Polity related MCQs solved with explanation
- CAPF 2012 Polity section
- CSAT 2013 (IAS Prelims) Polity Section
- CSAT 2012 (IAS Prelims) Polity questions only
- 100 Mock MCQ Questions from the Static portion, Constitution of India